The Student Room Group

Pupillage - Government Legal Scheme 2015 - please help!

Anyone else applying this year?

I am a non law graduate, with no experience in the legal sector whatsoever. Does anyone have any application tips? Has anyone been through this process before?

ANY help would be hugely hugely appreciated!!
Reply 1
I haven't applied this year but I did a couple of years ago. If I recall from the 2013 selection procedure, the first stage of the application does not take into account your degree/university - although you need to have or be predicted to obtain a 2.1 or 1st, the first sift is based on your answers to the Situational Judgement Test. Those who pass are asked take a Verbal Reasoning Test, and those who pass that are invited to take a Critical Reasoning Test.

These tests are competency based and aren't based on legal knowledge.

It isn't until the Assessment Centre that you are interviewed face-to-face and it is only at that stage that they can see what university you went to and what you studied. (This may not be correct but I am sure that is what I was told at a GLS university talk!)
@Xanyi has it down to a T, apart from the uni / grades thing. This year's application makes it clear that the assessment centre interviews will be competency based, so they'll only have your experience section in front of them, but nothing about your education.

Don't forget that gives you control of the questions they might ask so you can really come across well! Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Best guppy
@Xanyi has it down to a T, apart from the uni / grades thing. This year's application makes it clear that the assessment centre interviews will be competency based, so they'll only have your experience section in front of them, but nothing about your education.

Don't forget that gives you control of the questions they might ask so you can really come across well! Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you guys for your responses! really helped. One more question - do you know if theres a possibility to reapply if you don't get through the first time i.e. apply again the following year?
Reply 4
Original post by Kaya_01
thank you guys for your responses! really helped. One more question - do you know if theres a possibility to reapply if you don't get through the first time i.e. apply again the following year?

Yes, you can apply again.

Quick Reply