The Student Room Group

Article: Physiotherapy degree

What is the average salary for someone working in physiotherapy? and can that rise for example if you work for a famous sport club such as a top premier league club?
Original post by mathshatesme
What is the average salary for someone working in physiotherapy? and can that rise for example if you work for a famous sport club such as a top premier league club?

The internet is your friend:

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/working-in-the-nhs/pay-and-benefits/agenda-for-change-pay-rates/

Add on 5% of this for outskirts of London, 15% for Greater London and 20% for inner London hospitals as per the bottom of that article.

As for work outside of the NHS, I have no idea about football clubs. I have worked a bit within elite rugby, and the pay isn't a great deal more than the NHS, if at all. Football clubs may have more money, but it doesn't mean they are going to pay 100k a year to a physio - they are businesses after all. I would guess a standard physio at a premiership club might be on band 6/7 equivalent, so 30 - 45k, somewhere in that region.

I worked in private for a year, and again, other than a few who worked stupid hours, the pay wasn't a great deal more, and certainly when you take out sick days, holidays etc, I don't think that my colleagues were earning more than I am now.

The owner of that private practice is a physio, and he is travelling around on private jets and living in a penthouse, but typical salary for a private PT is in the region of 25k for a new starter up to about 75k if you are willing to put in some long hours and have a busy client list.

In short, you are not going to be a millionaire working as a physio, but you won't be poor either. With the NHS, you can add on about 5k a year to those numbers for working weekends and bank holidays - well you can at the moment. So, once you are a senior (Band 6) in inner London, you would be looking at around 37 - 40k. Not a bad salary, but I feel you are looking for ferraris and yachts sort of money...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending