The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Masters in construction managment at UCL or oxford brookes ?

hey,
I am an architect from India, completed b.arch , worked in architectural firms for 1.5 yr and applying for masters in construction management in UCL and Oxford , but i haven't been able to decide which university is better in terms of the following :
1. city exposure- so that i could work while studying as its important to gain experience in our field
2. Academics , subjects , placements , people and education in both firms.
If have anyone has already studied or knows anything about it, it would be of great help
Cheers!
Hi. Good to hear you're considering Oxford Brookes for your Construction Management master's. The course takes a hands-on/applied learning apporach - and leads to Project Manager type jobs for most graduates. We have close links with a number of big firms, such as Mace, Willmott Dixon, BAM etc and companies come to campus quite often - so plenty of professional learning/networking opportunities. Oxford is a pretty good place to be based - it's an interesting (challenging some might say) place for developments, but also very handy for London - just over an hour on the bus from our campus. If you're not already in touch with the Department of Real Estate and Construction, it would be worth contacting them about specific opportunities - [email protected]
Hope that helps, Sirius
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending