The Student Room Group

If you're looking for a new mobile phone/tariff please look here first!!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know if it's safe to buy a Samsung Galaxy S6 from Amazon?
Here's the one I'm looking at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Version-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00UPCKMNI/ref=sr_1_3?&ie=UTF8&qid=1437852938&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s6

looks legit but idk because of the low price
Anyone aware of any sim-only contracts that can rival unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 4GB of data for £12 per month? I'm cancelling my contract with EE after 5 years and that's what they're retention team are offering me, I'm fairly sure there's nothing that gets close to that but I thought I'd check if anyone's seen anything better :holmes:
that is very good. Vodafone are giving me nothing
Giffgaff.com offers something close to what you are looking for. Check out their £12-£15 goodybag, not quite there but closest out of all out there
I have a friend who was offered unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 10GB 4G data from vodafone for £13.50 a month (as a last attempt to stop him leaving, like yourself). If this would suit you better, perhaps you could try and ask if they'd match that? But otherwise, no. I haven't really seen any standard deals close to that.

There are probably a couple of similar offers, but where you'd have to pay a higher price and then collect the cashback at the end. But I don't know if you'd want to go through al the hassle of doing this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Can anyone please help me? I'm so fed up with Vodafone. I called them (3 times) to end my contract as it's due to end next month and they said that they will cancel it then but every single time I check my account, they haven't cancelled it - instead they changed it to a new ridiculous plan and are charging me 3 or 4 times as much as my original contract!!! (they're making my contract £70+ a month?!) I am beyond frustrated with them and I don't know what to do - they are either lying to me or their system is crazy. They don't even have a complaints website. Please help!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icecreamcake
Can anyone please help me? I'm so fed up with Vodafone. I called them (3 times) to end my contract as it's due to end next month and they said that they will cancel it then but every single time I check my account, they haven't cancelled it - instead they changed it to a new ridiculous plan and are charging me 3 or 4 times as much as my original contract!!! (they're making my contract £70+ a month?!) I am beyond frustrated with them and I don't know what to do - they are either lying to me or their system is crazy. They don't even have a complaints website. Please help!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go into one of their stores and speak to the staff, they should be able to figure out what has happened and hopefully rectify it.
Thank you but I have done that before - they just tell me that they can't change the system themselves so they tell me to call the helpline which takes hours, quite literally, and the people on the other side of the phone aways end up messing my contract even further...
My contract is coming to an end and I've really felt I can't get anything reasonable now that T-Mobile has gone. I pay £17 per month for unlimited data/texts and 400 minutes. My main thing is data - I want at least 6 GB as that's what I tend to use at the moment.

Am I right in assuming you can't ask to pay less for only 3G? Everything is 4G now, regardless if you're willing to just have 3G? I have 3G at the moment and I'm fine with that tbh. I'd rather not pay extra.
PAYG phone and GiffGaff SIM only. Cannot complain about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly92xo
PAYG phone and GiffGaff SIM only. Cannot complain about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk if this was in response to me, but it's £15 for a sim only contract with 5 GB of data on giffgaff. By the time I've factored in buying a new phone (at least £250), it is much more expensive that what I get now...
Hi all. I have a question about the 3 contract for my iPad.

My 3 contract, according to the date on the letter, ended on 16th August 2015. I did not know as I totally forgot it has already been 24 months since I got it. I was on £25/month with 15GB data, and this is now finished according to the first Three letter.

However, i still have the mobile internet working? Does that mean my contract got upgraded automatically? And if it did, would it be active for another 24 months with the same rates (£25/month with 15GB data) ?? I am new to Three network, and dealing with contracts as well, so am not sure what to do.... Do i upgrade myself somehow, or has the upgrade already happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mj1dan2014
Hi all. I have a question about the 3 contract for my iPad.

My 3 contract, according to the date on the letter, ended on 16th August 2015. I did not know as I totally forgot it has already been 24 months since I got it. I was on £25/month with 15GB data, and this is now finished according to the first Three letter.

However, i still have the mobile internet working? Does that mean my contract got upgraded automatically? And if it did, would it be active for another 24 months with the same rates (£25/month with 15GB data) ?? I am new to Three network, and dealing with contracts as well, so am not sure what to do.... Do i upgrade myself somehow, or has the upgrade already happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll need to call them then cancel the contract, otherwise they'll keep charging you and you'll keep your data too. So in your case you have to pay an extra month (16th August- 16th September) since you have been using it past the end date of your contract.

My first contract is coming to an end in November so I'm not speaking from personal experience but my mum has been with 3 for years and that's what happened to her several times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Compact
You'll need to call them then cancel the contract, otherwise they'll keep charging you and you'll keep your data too. So in your case you have to pay an extra month (16th August- 16th September) since you have been using it past the end date of your contract.

My first contract is coming to an end in November so I'm not speaking from personal experience but my mum has been with 3 for years and that's what happened to her several times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is, I need internet on my iPad. I am a student and carry it around all the time, so I was thinking maybe upgrade the contract, or should I start the new one?

And at the moment, as far as I understand, I will continue to be charged the same £25 every month and I will still have the 15GB data until I decide to cancel the contract, am I correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mj1dan2014
The thing is, I need internet on my iPad. I am a student and carry it around all the time, so I was thinking maybe upgrade the contract, or should I start the new one?

And at the moment, as far as I understand, I will continue to be charged the same £25 every month and I will still have the 15GB data until I decide to cancel the contract, am I correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much, yeah. The contract should keep rolling until you (or I'm guessing 3 will have a say too) decide you want a different tariff. It's worth calling and finding out if they have any better deals as an existing customer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Compact
Pretty much, yeah. The contract should keep rolling until you (or I'm guessing 3 will have a say too) decide you want a different tariff. It's worth calling and finding out if they have any better deals as an existing customer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. I will have a look if there are other deals available and there might be cheaper offers out there. Thanks a lot 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys i have two invites to share for the oneplus two, who wants em?
The only available model in the UK is 64 GB, 4 GB RAM at £300
First reply, first serve.
Reply 557
Posted from TSR Mobile

Already got one :smile:
Also you don't need invites anymore
Original post by FrustratedHorse
Guys i have two invites to share for the oneplus two, who wants em?
The only available model in the UK is 64 GB, 4 GB RAM at £300
First reply, first serve.

As Gofre has mentioned on his latest updates to the phone guide, there's no more waiting for invites for the Oneplus Two. You could just buy one now.
Good information. Thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending