The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

MSc Nursing at The University of Huddersfield

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Keiron-Lou;57768459]I have heard back, they have offered a conditional place based on the APL document (which seems so hard!)

Congrats! How did you find it? X
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Has anyone been offered an interview yet? Still waiting to hear from them :/ rang up the other day and they said they're working through in date order and my application was with the course leader for a decision.... Getting really anxious now :frown:
Original post by Vcg
Congrats. How did u find the day, was it tough going? Did u say you currently work in healthcare, im sure you'll manage the apl fine. X

Thanks :smile: I was really nervous but the interviewers were really friendly so it wasn't that bad really. I have started the APL now. x
Reply 43
I had my interview last week and they didn't seem so friendly! I really don't know how it went! They didn't ask me if I had any questions at the end so I dont think it was very positive. Just waiting now to hear back! How did the interviews go for everybody else? What did they seem like?
[QUOTE=laura-jo;58014815]I had my interview last week and they didn't seem so friendly! I really don't know how it went! They didn't ask me if I had any questions at the end so I dont think it was very positive. Just waiting now to hear back! How did the interviews go for everybody else? What did they seem like?

Oh really? I wonder why they weren't friendly with you :/ that doesn't paint a good picture does it

When did you apply to them?
I sent my application in beginning of June and not heard anything egg other than a request for further info! I'm constantly checking my emails and my post its driving me insane :frown:
Reply 45
Me too! They said it would be about two weeks before we heard back.

I applied the week before. I think I sent my application on the weekend and got an email on the Tuesday inviting me to interview the following Tuesday. It wasn't that they weren't friendly - they were just quite....I dunno. All the candidates said it. But then with them not asking me to ask questions and being a little negative I felt like they had already made up their minds? Maybe I'm just stressing about nothing! Where else have you applied to? Have you had any other interviews?
[QUOTE=laura-jo;58015555]Me too! They said it would be about two weeks before we heard back.

I applied the week before. I think I sent my application on the weekend and got an email on the Tuesday inviting me to interview the following Tuesday. It wasn't that they weren't friendly - they were just quite....I dunno. All the candidates said it. But then with them not asking me to ask questions and being a little negative I felt like they had already made up their minds? Maybe I'm just stressing about nothing! Where else have you applied to? Have you had any other interviews?

I've just phoned up and she said my application is with the course leaders but unfortunately it is holiday period so she cannot tell me when I will hear back from them. Doesn't sound positive does it :frown:

There's nothing worse than going in for an interview and feeling even more uncomfortable, especially considering its for the nursing degree you would have thought they would have been a bit warmer knowing how nervous people already are.

I've applied to uclan too, it was a late application though so not expecting to hear back from them anytime soon as I think they've already held interviews. What about yourself?
Reply 47
Original post by BlondieDJ13
I've just phoned up and she said my application is with the course leaders but unfortunately it is holiday period so she cannot tell me when I will hear back from them. Doesn't sound positive does it :frown:

There's nothing worse than going in for an interview and feeling even more uncomfortable, especially considering its for the nursing degree you would have thought they would have been a bit warmer knowing how nervous people already are.

I've applied to uclan too, it was a late application though so not expecting to hear back from them anytime soon as I think they've already held interviews. What about yourself?

I wouldnt worry too much. Maybe thats why mine was so frosty! Maybe they were covering! :confused:

I was so nervous. I don't know why!

I am in the process of applying to UCLAN - just got to get my reference from my referee. I spoke to them last week and they said they were still open and dont close til mid-August. I'm sure they will get back to you!

I also applied to both Sheffields, Essex, Edinburgh....erm....Pretty much everywhere offering a MSc or PGDip!

Whats your background? :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by laura-jo
I wouldnt worry too much. Maybe thats why mine was so frosty! Maybe they were covering! :confused:

I was so nervous. I don't know why!

I am in the process of applying to UCLAN - just got to get my reference from my referee. I spoke to them last week and they said they were still open and dont close til mid-August. I'm sure they will get back to you!

I also applied to both Sheffields, Essex, Edinburgh....erm....Pretty much everywhere offering a MSc or PGDip!

Whats your background? :biggrin:

Hi have you heard back yet or got inteviews for anywhere else?
Reply 49
Hi - not yet! I've been offered interviews at Bucks and Edinburgh. I've applied to lots of places so hopefully I'll get a few interviews and have some options!

Where have you applied and interviewed? :biggrin:
Reply 50
Hi - not yet! I've been offered interviews at Bucks and Edinburgh. I've applied to lots of places so hopefully I'll get a few interviews and have some options!

Where have you applied and interviewed? :biggrin:

I was looking into salford but they said they already filled the msc a few month back. So just huddersfield. I cant move away so got to be able to travel daily. Have u any preference where u want to go? X
Reply 51
Original post by Vcg
I was looking into salford but they said they already filled the msc a few month back. So just huddersfield. I cant move away so got to be able to travel daily. Have u any preference where u want to go? X

I heard that too - I didn't apply there but I hear the uni is good. I don't have a set preference but Huddersfield really. I don't want to start until January/February time. Xx
Reply 52

How are you getting on have you heard back from anywhere yet? Clearing starts next week so im looking into trying to get in via that. X
Reply 53
I heard that too - I didn't apply there but I hear the uni is good. I don't have a set preference but Huddersfield really. I don't want to start until January/February time. Xx

Have you heard back yet? When are your interviews for other unis? I forgot to ask which brach are you interested in? X
Sorry guys I've not been on here recently...

I was offered an interview at Huddersfield the same day I phoned them to chase it, that is on Monday.. And today I have been offered an interview at UCLan for next Thursday!
I'm so neevous, trying to put the presentation together as we speak!

I have a psychology degree obtained at UCLan and currently work as a support worker in a secure LD and mental health unit.

How has everyone else got on?
Reply 55
Sorry guys I've not been on here recently...

I was offered an interview at Huddersfield the same day I phoned them to chase it, that is on Monday.. And today I have been offered an interview at UCLan for next Thursday!
I'm so neevous, trying to put the presentation together as we speak!

I have a psychology degree obtained at UCLan and currently work as a support worker in a secure LD and mental health unit.

How has everyone else got on?

Congratulations, which is your preference?
[QUOTE=Vcg;58280295]Congratulations, which is your preference?

I would prefer Huddersfield as it is less of a commute for me and has a better reputation that UCLan, it is also a year less. I think that is why I'm so worried about my presentation haha!

How are you getting on with the APL?
Reply 57
I would prefer Huddersfield as it is less of a commute for me and has a better reputation that UCLan, it is also a year less. I think that is why I'm so worried about my presentation haha!

How are you getting on with the APL?

APL is like torture!! How was your interview?
[QUOTE=Vcg;58347397]APL is like torture!! How was your interview?

Oh why is it so bad??? Have you / are you going to attend the APL information session?

My interview went well I think, I've had an email inviting me to the APL info session but it doesn't actually say I've been given a place so I don't want to get too happy just yet!
Reply 59
Hiya :smile: How is everybody finding the APL? I'm onto the outcomes and have no idea what to write! I have lots of experience but I dont know what format to write it in. Has anybody found any examples? Its driving me mad!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending