The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

How lenient is RHUL?

I firmed rhul for psychology this year, but sadly I didn't meet their offer and was 3 points below. I know that at this stage they are unlikely to accept me as psychology is quite competitive in rhul and there's probably more people who are closer to their offers than I am. However, does anyone know of stories or people who have gotten into rhul with a few points off like me? I haven't heard back from then yet but people say that UCAS usually updates by next week, so I'm both sad and hopeful right now ;u;
Reply 1
Original post by Sylvette
I firmed rhul for psychology this year, but sadly I didn't meet their offer and was 3 points below. I know that at this stage they are unlikely to accept me as psychology is quite competitive in rhul and there's probably more people who are closer to their offers than I am. However, does anyone know of stories or people who have gotten into rhul with a few points off like me? I haven't heard back from then yet but people say that UCAS usually updates by next week, so I'm both sad and hopeful right now ;u;

Speaking from experience, I know a fair amount of people that have gotten into RHUL both through clearing and straight away despite not achieving the initial offer. I'm not sure about now since I've graduated but I'm guessing that it's still the case. I wouldn't jump the gun until you get an update from UCAS nor could I definitively say that you'll still get in but in my opinion, I think you should be fine. Quite a few of the RHUL courses are or were competitive when I joined but as I said, I know a range of people across different subjects that were able to join despite missing the requirements by anywhere from one grade all the way to somewhere like the BBC/BCC range. I think this is the case for most other unis.

As always though, have hope but have a backup plan in case. If you don't get in straightaway, I think your chances of getting in via clearing should be good enough.
(edited 8 years ago)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Psychology is competitive at RoHo but I know a fair few people over the years who've still gotten a place despite missing the requirements, so just wait and see what happens and you might be in luck.
Original post by Philzy
Speaking from experience, I know a fair amount of people that have gotten into RHUL both through clearing and straight away despite not achieving the initial offer. I'm not sure about now since I've graduated but I'm guessing that it's still the case. I wouldn't jump the gun until you get an update from UCAS nor could I definitively say that you'll still get in but in my opinion, I think you should be fine. Quite a few of the RHUL courses are or were competitive when I joined but as I said, I know a range of people across different subjects that were able to join despite missing the requirements by anywhere from one grade all the way to somewhere like the BBC/BCC range. I think this is the case for most other unis.

As always though, have hope but have a backup plan in case. If you don't get in straightaway, I think your chances of getting in via clearing should be good enough.

How Lenient for crim and sociology pls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending