The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Interview and Tests at Wolverhampton Uni- Childrens Nursing

Hi,
I have a test day coming up for Wolverhampton University for entry to Children's Nursing. It is for maths and English. Could anyone tell me what to expect in regards to what will be asked within the tests? I'm particularly worried about the maths as this isn't my strong point. If I pass these tests then I will get invited for an interview. Can anyone advise on what will be included for that? What types of questions, etc. If anyone has applied this year that would be helpful as I want the most up to date info as possible as I know things can change from year to year. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Hi! I passed the entry test for Wolverhampton, however found it a lot harder than BCU's! As long as you revise you'll be fine :smile:! It covered things such as working out fractions/percentages/decimals etc and there was an algebra type question too. I think the most challenging part is the time allowance. You get approximately 25 questions with 20 minutes to complete, so not much working out time! Good luck! When is it?
(edited 9 years ago)
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply. I'm so worried as I'm awful at maths really. I think this will be the part that will let me down. Well done for passing! So when is your interview? My tests are 17th April so quite a wait yet but I'm trying to prepare already. I've got tests at Coventry too but wolves is my first choice so really don't want to mess it up.
Reply 3
Look for practice papers online! BCU one is too simple for Wolverhampton but try this one: http://about.brighton.ac.uk/snm/admissions/NumeracySample.pdf

Once you know the method of how to do these, try them with different numbers. You'll be fine for the test then - I'm pretty sure this example test covers most the stuff I had! The English test is just an essay. You will be given a question (mine was what qualities make a good children's nurse) and you just have to answer the it in an essay format.

I've already had my interview for Wolvs at the start of Jan. Have been offered a place for Children's Nursing in Jan 2016! :smile: BCU is my first choice though, so waiting to hear back from them. Don't think I've got in but Wolverhampton is my 2nd choice so still really happy :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks for all the advice. It's really helpful. :smile: I'm going to revise maths like crazy!! That's good that you have a place. They told me that they are holding interviews on the 20th, 22nd, 23rd and 24th of April so if I pass the maths test, my interview will be within a week of the tests. How was the interview? I really hope I get a place.
Reply 5
As long as you revise you will definitely pass! The interview was good actually. I was super nervous but it wasn't too formal and the two ladies that did the interview were really friendly so my nerves were gone by the end! They let me know really fast as well - 3 days! So after your test and interview I'm guessing they'll let you know really quickly too!
Reply 6
Hie
I have been invited for a selection test for child nursing at Wolverhampton. I was just wondering if the interviews are held the same day of the selection test
Reply 7
It should say in your email. My test was separate to the interview day. I found out a few days after my test that I had passed and was invited to an interview, which was exactly a week after my test. Just check your emails as they should have the details on there x
Reply 8
Original post by vicki91
It should say in your email. My test was separate to the interview day. I found out a few days after my test that I had passed and was invited to an interview, which was exactly a week after my test. Just check your emails as they should have the details on there x

Thanx a lot
Reply 9
Has anybody else been offered a place for children's nursing at Wolverhampton for the September 2015 intake?
Reply 10
Hi

i have any interim for child nursing in a few days . i was just wondering what questions they asked ? also how was the maths test and english?

please advise as i am nervous.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending