The Student Room Group

Nursing degree.

Hi,

I'm 23 and I've jut completed my first year at college studying Health and Social Care Level 3 Diploma and Sociology AS.

I have two children aged 3 and 5, I'm debating whether I should apply to university for next year or do you think a degree will be too hard to balance along side family life?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amber♡
Hi,

I'm 23 and I've jut completed my first year at college studying Health and Social Care Level 3 Diploma and Sociology AS.

I have two children aged 3 and 5, I'm debating whether I should apply to university for next year or do you think a degree will be too hard to balance along side family life?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

I am 35 and have four children aged from 14-5. I have just graduated this year from an English Literature degree and will be starting a PGCE (teacher training course) in September. I would say that if you are determined enough, you will manage it.

You will find that a nursing degree will have a large amount of mature students, particularly woman, and many will have children. There will definitely be plenty of you to support each other through the hard times.

Don't forget that for funding purposes you will get length of course +1, so if you do find it too much while the children are still quite young, you could always take a step back and reapply in a couple of years.

Best of luck xx
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply, well done for graduating that's amazing.

Thanks for your advice, I think I will go to some universuty open days and enquire more into it there.

Good luck with your teacher training course :-)

Amber x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amber♡
Hi,

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher at college was a full time single mother with three children who now has a degree in teaching...u can do it if ur determined all the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending