The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi! For offer holders for undergraduate programmes who are Chinese or fluent in Chinese, check out our QQ group please! We now have 29 members (I know that's not a lot so that's why I'm posting here😅) in different subject areas all firming edinburgh for 2015 undergraduate entry. We don't make profit out of this thing! We are all new students coming in 2015, just wishing to communicate with other new students about accommodation, traveling and a levels/ib, etc.

I know there's a Facebook group but not everyone uses Facebook in China...😅

The QQ group number is 378384715.

Welcome (to anyone who speaks the language, not just who are ethnically Chinese)! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 461
Has anybody got economics offer which requires BBB. Just want to know what does typical Eco offer look like.
Hi guys,

I just got an offer from the uni. I applied jewellery :wink:
I actually applied as first year student, but they gave me an offer second year entry without interview or portfolio review....
Reply 463
Original post by Jinsss
Has anybody got economics offer which requires BBB. Just want to know what does typical Eco offer look like.

Well, I have an UF and the conditions were BBB for the MA Economics
I'm pretty happy with my unconditional offer for MSc Integrative Neuroscience. :smile:
Congrats to all offer holders. Good luck for your exams!
Original post by nellybelly29
Congrats! Do you think you'll firm?

I received my unconditional offer from Edinburgh last Friday to study International Relations:smile:

Hey congrats!!! I'm doing International Relations too and I'm also from the US... are you by chance on our Facebook group?
Firmed my offer last week for the MSc in Counseling Studies.. Coming from the US too!
Original post by Medikit
I received a conditional offer three days ago for Medical Sciences. I am super thrilled.

Does anybody else here applied for the same degree?

I'm doing Med Sci - it is such a brilliant course!! If you get a chance, definitely go to Firbush, its such a great weekend and you bond with course mates so so so much!!! Good luck!!
Reply 469
Hi!
I have my offer for Edinburgh and I firmed it (Very excited) but today I got a message on the University portal site asking for all my GCSE certificates. I was just wondering if anyone else got a message about sending GCSE certificate scans to the Uni?
I just thought it was quite strange and sudden to ask for them now.
Original post by Zo_Skay
Hi!
I have my offer for Edinburgh and I firmed it (Very excited) but today I got a message on the University portal site asking for all my GCSE certificates. I was just wondering if anyone else got a message about sending GCSE certificate scans to the Uni?
I just thought it was quite strange and sudden to ask for them now.

i got that request a few weeks ago too!
Reply 471
Original post by chloetheunicorn
i got that request a few weeks ago too!

Why are they asking for them? Do you know?
bit strange, huh?
Original post by Zo_Skay
bit strange, huh?

i guess they just want proof haha :u: maybe its like background check
Reply 473
Original post by chloetheunicorn
i guess they just want proof haha :u: maybe its like background check

Yeah I guess. I just need to find them now... haha.
I got it too...unfortunately my school didn't even issue one of mine and have lost it so I need to get it replaced myself or hassle the school until they do it for me!
Original post by camilla_hallman
Hey congrats!!! I'm doing International Relations too and I'm also from the US... are you by chance on our Facebook group?

I´m sorry I literally just saw this post! I´m in the facebook page but I haven´t been active in it at all I´m afraid. Whereabouts in the US are you from?
Original post by Zo_Skay
bit strange, huh?

Because you might simply have made up your grades, so they want to check.
What happens if I cancel my offer for Halls after the week they've given me to cancel it? Am I still bound to the contract or is that just a threat they make?

Cheers
Make sure you guys join the fb group. Hopefully someone can answer your questions on there :smile: facebook.com/groups/1549265588659238/
No one is probably watching this thread but I desperately need help. I forgot to send in my GCSE certificates to Edinburgh and the deadline was 31 July (I thought it was 31 August because I am clearly an idiot). Will they have revoked my application if I send them tomorrow morning (if I get a place)? Or am I just going to get an angry email?

Please help!!!

Quick Reply