The Student Room Group

ELAT help

hey,
does anyone have any tips for acing the ELAT? I really need to get a good mark to hopefully balance out my not-so-amazing grades
thanks
You cant ace it. Its impossible (like 100% impossible)

Read as much unfamiliar material as possible, start a book diary and make notes/comments on everything you read, analyse it in as much detail as possible.
Then start comparing literature, start reading between the lines - ask yourself what is the author implying, can it be interpreted in any other way, why are they writing in a particular style, what is occurring in the literature over the peice, does anything change and why is that occuring, and so on.....

Simply reading is not good enough , you need to analyse everything.
Original post by uniqsummer
You cant ace it. Its impossible (like 100% impossible)

Read as much unfamiliar material as possible, start a book diary and make notes/comments on everything you read, analyse it in as much detail as possible.
Then start comparing literature, start reading between the lines - ask yourself what is the author implying, can it be interpreted in any other way, why are they writing in a particular style, what is occurring in the literature over the peice, does anything change and why is that occuring, and so on.....

Simply reading is not good enough , you need to analyse everything.

It's not impossible to ace the ELAT. A friend of mine got full marks on the ELAT according to her tutor. But yeah, that is a very very rare thing and probably not something you can 'train' for.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending