The Student Room Group

Article: UCAS Track on results day 2017

Scroll to see replies

Just going to link through to the Results Day Flowchart

results day flowchart

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Helpful article, cheers :yy:
I'm confused... so it'll open at 8 but won't update at least until Midday?
Original post by Deagdavies
I'm confused... so it'll open at 8 but won't update at least until Midday?

It will show what the universities have already sent to Ucas when it opens in the morning. Any further updates (new decisions) won't appear until midday.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It will show what the universities have already sent to Ucas when it opens in the morning. Any further updates (new decisions) won't appear until midday.

so, for example if my university has decided they want me, it'll show that at 8am?
Original post by Deagdavies
so, for example if my university has decided they want me, it'll show that at 8am?

Assuming they've told Ucas that already, then yes.
Original post by PQ
Just going to link through to the Results Day Flowchart

results day flowchart

That doesnt really cover eveey possibility

6/10 for effort
Original post by newblood
That doesnt really cover eveey possibility

6/10 for effort

What would you suggest needs adding in?
Reply 9
If there is no clearing places available for my course by Tuesday/Wednesday does this mean I have likely been accepted and met my offer?
Original post by HalfDan
If there is no clearing places available for my course by Tuesday/Wednesday does this mean I have likely been accepted and met my offer?

No it means that the course is full.

Say there are 100 applicants and approx 50 spaces (basic example)
What might happen is that: 60 applicants meet the requirement, and so the university has to accept them all and therefore cannot go into clearing.

If anything, a course being in clearing is a better indicator of you receiving an offer (especially if you firmed) because it means that for instance only 20 people achieved the requirement and the university let a few more near misses in, but still has space for more.
So I shouldnt start phoning about clearing places til midday if ive missed my firm and insurance?
What haooens when u muss firm but hace insurance, do u have to ring them to accept or something or is it automatically accepted?
Original post by SeemsToBe
So I shouldnt start phoning about clearing places til midday if ive missed my firm and insurance?
What haooens when u muss firm but hace insurance, do u have to ring them to accept or something or is it automatically accepted?

You shouldn't start phoning universities about Clearing unless you are in Clearing which will show on Track. In which case you should start ringing ASAP.

See

results day flowchart

what time can we check results online?
Original post by maryj123
what time can we check results online?

The details for collecting results depends on the arrangements for your exam centre. No one on TSR can tell you how you will get them - speak to your school or college or ask your classmates
I was told by my teacher that I don't need to send my GCSE result resit to the uni and that it will be sent on my behalf????
Original post by greenmang0
I was told by my teacher that I don't need to send my GCSE result resit to the uni and that it will be sent on my behalf????

I'm afraid your teacher is incorrect.

GCSE results aren't sent by the exam boards to UCAS - the only way a university will know your GCSE grade is if you tell them.
Original post by PQ
I'm afraid your teacher is incorrect.

GCSE results aren't sent by the exam boards to UCAS - the only way a university will know your GCSE grade is if you tell them.

This is really intolerable (and not your fault at all, lol, but I need to moan).

I was told for months by my teacher that my Access results would be sent by college to uni. Then today another teacher told me that no, I'll have to send them myself.

College posts the results for GCSEs to us by snailmail. I do not want to have yet another day's disadvantage in Clearing (I won't be put through to Clearing until uni decides whether to accept or reject me, which will be based in part on my GCSE retake result, and the GCSE results are a week after A Level results). :frown: I was told uni will know my GCSE result by Monday (three days before results day)....

Or did I misread the guide? I'll look at it again :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
I get my A Level results in 11 days and I'm wondering - do I need to know my exact results to book my uni accommodation? Because I don't want to go into school to get my results, then get home to find that my choice accommodation is full. So can I book accommodation once I have been accepted, without knowing my grades, so that I won't miss out on accommodation? Please reply asap :smile:
Original post by Sophie W
I get my A Level results in 11 days and I'm wondering - do I need to know my exact results to book my uni accommodation? Because I don't want to go into school to get my results, then get home to find that my choice accommodation is full. So can I book accommodation once I have been accepted, without knowing my grades, so that I won't miss out on accommodation? Please reply asap :smile:

Every university sets their own accommodation allocation process.

It is up to YOU to check the policies of your firm and insurance to find out when you need to apply and when spaces are allocated.

It's very likely that you've missed the deadlines now (most are in late May-early August) but you might be lucky and have a firm choice with a post results deadline.

Quick Reply