The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Last_of_us
I am not concerned about section 2 or 3 but section 1. Is the real exam harder than the questions in the 600 qns book?

BTW I might be underestimating section 1 because the layout in the book is completely different to the exams.

Just do a past paper and you'll see for yourself. There's loads on the BMAT website for free, no point doing the ones in the book first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Does anyone else find BMAT easier than UKCAT or is it just me?
Original post by Whizbox
Does anyone else find BMAT easier than UKCAT or is it just me?

I did :smile:

Also I'm pretty sure that everyone does the BMAT after the UKCAT so you'll already have had practice at these kinds of tests by the time you sit the BMAT.
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Just do a past paper and you'll see for yourself. There's loads on the BMAT website for free, no point doing the ones in the book first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you doing that and is it helpful?
Are you doing that and is it helpful?

I sat it last year. Didn't get through all the past papers (there's quite a lot if I recall correctly, and some of the older ones were on a different specification for section 2), wish I had done a few more though. By all means though, revise the way you want to - you know yourself better than I do!
I sat it last year. Didn't get through all the past papers (there's quite a lot if I recall correctly, and some of the older ones were on a different specification for section 2), wish I had done a few more though. By all means though, revise the way you want to - you know yourself better than I do!

I hope it went well for you. Did you do the ukcat too?
I hope it went well for you. Did you do the ukcat too?

Yup
There's a megathread already :smile:
For anyone taking BMAT in 2015 for 2016 Entry to Medicine UK Programmes.
Reply 29
I have updated my BMAT blog post about how the universities use the BMAT (mostly Leeds and Brighton & Sussex), and I hope that you find this information useful! :smile:
http://uclmedic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/biomedical-admissions-test-bmat.html
Reply 30
Original post by im7
I have updated my BMAT blog post about how the universities use the BMAT (mostly Leeds and Brighton & Sussex), and I hope that you find this information useful! :smile:

http://uclmedic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/biomedical-admissions-test-bmat.html

Very very helpful :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
What books would be the best for preparing for the bmat?
[QUOTE="Hips;57696465" Rhetorical="Rhetorical"]
Original post by nomita

You definitely don't need the Kaplan book. I have one myself actually, I went on the course last year. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not worth anywhere near £199.

I would just advise using the resources provided on the BMAT website - they've got a list of things you should know for section 2, an online revision guide for it and loads of past papers. Just work your way through those. If you really need extra help you can buy BMAT books off Amazon...or go on the BMAT Crash Course (I'm sure Refrigerator will be happy!) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am from Singapore and I have friends who had attended the BMAT Crash Course last year and found that it was really good:smile:
Reply 33
Hi there

I was wondering if any one has attempted Section 2 past papers and have all the solutions explained at one place. That would indeed be very helpful

Many thanks
Best regards
Nomita
Reply 34

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi thereI was wondering if had a chance to attempt Section 2 past papers and have all the solutions explained at one place. That would indeed be very helpfulMany thanksBest regardsNomita
is there any website where you can just purchase worked solutions for all the past papers.
Hi,

I am applying to medicine as a graduate. I studied in Spain and I am going to sit the BMAT. Even though I have my sciences quite fresh I was thinkning about getting good textbooks that could help me with the exam: GCES or A levels? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Reply 37
Hi everyone! I am selling a brand new, untouched 400 practice questions book for BMAT on eBay for £11! I don't need it so check it out, hopefully it can help someone:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/400-BMAT-Practice-Questions-Book-medical-school-entry-BRAND-NEW-NEVER-USED-/201413053176?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE
when's the best time to start preparing for the bmat?
Does anyone know a good website that explains the answers for the bmat past papers

Latest

Trending

Trending