The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Anyone Studying Interior Design this year?

Anyone Studying Interior Design this year? Haven't been able to find anyone and feel I'm all on my own aha.

Scroll to see replies

Hi
I'm studying architecture not interior design. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I think we're in the same building. I have the same problem as you. I can't find anyone on here doing the same course and like you feel alone 😄
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeh were in the same building, queen street studios right?
Original post by tomearley
Yeh were in the same building, queen street studios right?

Yeah. ☺️ Finally someone who is going somewhere similar to myself.
So was Huddersfield you first choice?
Reply 4
I seriously have only found one other person doing my course ahaha... and yeh, really liked everything about the course and that its not too far from home although i will be living in Hudd, You?
I've not found anyone doing my course yet. But yeah, similar to yourself, I really liked the amount of creativity in the course. I'm not far from Huddersfield and will be travelling but just keep getting butterflies whenever I think of the 21st.
Reply 6
Ive still not found anyone else, have you? I got sent my welcome details and stuff and a book to read for a summer project... They also said that they would email me to join a Facebook group but still haven't got that.
Reply 7
I'm an international student and coming to Hudd this mid-Sep, hope can make your acquaintance :biggrin: I'm still struggling with the summer task information on how to find the required book since I'm not in the UK and can't order it from amazon (but still, smh so much at the price :s-smilie:), hope there will be something left in the library when I can get to the campus *sigh*
Reply 8
Ooooh hi, so your studying interior design then? I've already got the book if you want me to send you some pictures of the first section. It's probably better than nothing.
Reply 9
that'd be great, thanks a lot :biggrin: if it's not much of a bother could you please send me some first pages?
also, did you do your foundation yr at Hudd too? I pretty much got straight into interior design yr 1 since I already had a background on designing subjects at my home country, so I don't know what was covered in the foundation yr and feel so scared and unprepared :-(
Reply 11
I've uploaded a couple of the first pages. And no, i was asked to do it my some colleges but i didn't want too. Foundation years are more of a mixture of exploring different techniques and styles of design throughout art. Where is it your from?
Reply 12
I've uploaded a couple of the first pages. And no, i was asked to do it my some colleges but i didn't want too. Foundation years are more of a mixture of exploring different techniques and styles of design throughout art. Where is it your from?

Thanks for the pages! I thought they teach us some basic skills on drawing in foundation year so I'm worried I might get left behind on this, btw I'm from Vietnam.
Reply 13
you welcome.... ahh right i don't really know about the drawing situation... I'm guessing they will cover that though as its a different style and also technical. That's cool, why'd you choose Huddersfield then?
Reply 14
you welcome.... ahh right i don't really know about the drawing situation... I'm guessing they will cover that though as its a different style and also technical. That's cool, why'd you choose Huddersfield then?

I applied for couple of other uni as well and got accepted also but Hudd is the only one with I think a reasonable fee, u know it's way more costly for international students so...
Reply 15
ahh right... have you had the email for the facebook group yet? i got the other one just not that one yet.
Reply 16
ahh right... have you had the email for the facebook group yet? i got the other one just not that one yet.

nope nothing yet. perhaps there'll be more freshers on the fb group than on this site since there's only two of us talking here haha
Reply 17
ahhh right, I've only seen like one other person on Facebook who say they're doing it. i thought i would of seen more by now.
Anyone Studying Interior Design this year? Haven't been able to find anyone and feel I'm all on my own aha.

Hi, I am studying interior design this september! I thought I was the only one as I couldn't find anyone else until I found this forum. Also, I saw that you were able to get the summer project book, where did you get it from? I've tried book stores and online but can't seem to get it anywhere?
Reply 19
Hi. Seems everyone's having the same broblem then aha. I got mine off Amazon for £20-ish. It said it wouldn't come till beginning of September but got her within 3 days by Royal Mail. Where are you going to be staying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending