The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Pedro K.
Wait so you found the QR in the actual test harder than the mocks? It doesn't seem like it if you only managed to get 600 in the mocks but 880 in the real thing! Please clarify xD?

oh my god i think i'm kinda confuse with the name cuz i always say them in my own language.just to read the message once again please.
the resources you metioned i only have done the official mocks and i heard about medify and kaplan only a few days before so i didn't have time to do those.

about VR cuz English isn't my first language so i cannot tell which one is harder. but in the official mocks, i could get about 600 in the VR so i guess the real test maybe a little more difficult than the official ones.
by the way, in today's test, i think i met more T/F/Can't tell comparing to the official mocks.

talk about DA, i think DA is a little harder than the official mocks. in the official mocks, my DA score is always high.and i remeber in the mock 3 i only get 1 incorrected.

i use the book: HOW TO MASTER UKCAT(cuz this is the only book about UKCAT i can get.). and i think DA in this book is similar to the real one and help me a lot.

and i want to share some tips during my study about DA: just pay more attention to the subjuect (like whether the answer should contain "I or we") ,singular and plural(man or men, woman or women,animal or animals) and tense. It can help you to rule out the incorrected one and save you a lot of time.
Original post by twenty-one
I love your name, well thought out

Thank youuuu :h:
Original post by thechemistress
Woah, well done! Your scores are crazy xD how difficult would you say DA was? :h:

I think DA is OK .the real one is a little bit harder than the official mock.
@thechemistress Omd I'm not even kidding when I say this; I keep messing up on the T/F/Can't tell questions!!! IT'S SO ANNOYING THESE ARE MEANT TO BE THE EASY ONES YET I CAN DO THE COMPREHENSION ONES BETTER XD! Wat heck dis is.

How do you go about the T/F blah blah ones? I assume keywords but how do you manage to do them in half a half a minute?
Original post by Luvia_chen
just finish my test today
VR:560
QR:880
AR:890
DA:710
SJT only BAND3.......
in the real test .the QR questions contian much fewer information than the official mock and it save much time, so it's easy to get a good score.

you've pretty much identical scores to me , i got band 3 too

will our band 3 disadvantage us-i know edinburough takes it seriously , but i don't know of any others?
Original post by blu3wh4l3r

@blu3wh4l3rThanks so much! :smile:
Original post by harmer1998
The <percentage right out of total answers> x 600 + 300

So 10/25 = 40%, so 0.4 x 600 = 240, then 240 +300 = 540

Oohh! Is this how all the test is marked then?
I'm so bad at decision analysis, which is annoying because it's the one people are usually good at. Does anyone have any tips?
Original post by f.loco
Oohh! Is this how all the test is marked then?

Its probably not the exact method, but it is a reliable method, if anything, score will be a tiny bit higher than this method (Like 0.5 - 2 higher)
Original post by gabby07
Cool - so did you use the calculator quite a lot then?

Yup, though at first I sucked with it, I practiced A LOT with the numpad for more than a month before the exam, so I used it for even simple questions, because it was just quicker to use it by that point
Anyone tell me how to concentrate on the screen for 2 hours I always get headaches/tired and just give up please help 3 weeks and please give me resources to improve VR AR and DA
If anyone's interested in 18 days of a Medify subscription, let me know. I have no use for it now and it might as well benefit someone else.

Edit: It's already been taken - sorry to all those who asked but were too late.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Don Pedro K.
@thechemistress Omd I'm not even kidding when I say this; I keep messing up on the T/F/Can't tell questions!!! IT'S SO ANNOYING THESE ARE MEANT TO BE THE EASY ONES YET I CAN DO THE COMPREHENSION ONES BETTER XD! Wat heck dis is.

How do you go about the T/F blah blah ones? I assume keywords but how do you manage to do them in half a half a minute?

"Half a half a minute" lmaoooooo :lol:

Tbh being able to do the comprehension ones better is probs a good thing xD they do make up the majority now :wink: but yeah, idk, T/F/CT have always been easier for me. Practice makes perfect bruh :wink: I'm sorry I'm so bad at explaining my methods :lol: :colondollar:
Original post by harmer1998
Its probably not the exact method, but it is a reliable method, if anything, score will be a tiny bit higher than this method (Like 0.5 - 2 higher)

I don't get what you mean by 0.5 - 2 higher. Please elaborate if you don't mind
Original post by otherdan
If anyone's interested in 18 days of a Medify subscription, let me know. I have no use for it now and it might as well benefit someone else.

Hey! I've got Medify, but a friend of mine who's got his exam soon hasn't got it. So could I maybe have it :biggrin:?
Original post by thechemistress
"Half a half a minute" lmaoooooo :lol:

Tbh being able to do the comprehension ones better is probs a good thing xD they do make up the majority now :wink: but yeah, idk, T/F/CT have always been easier for me. Practice makes perfect bruh :wink: I'm sorry I'm so bad at explaining my methods :lol: :colondollar:

Yeah I guess so haha! And I was testing your QR there with the "half a half a minute" :wink: lololol xD I guess I'll just keep at it then; and don't worry it's hard to explain but I think it's just a case of practicing for me haha
Original post by twenty-one
Is anyone else doing the BMAT?

me!:smile:

Do you have Kaplan exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medically
Do you have Kaplan exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No sorry, I just used Medify and the official mocks.
No sorry, I just used Medify and the official mocks.

Oh I see, I will buy medify today for 1 week. Thank you for your offer, as I need to use medify for the mocks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending