The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Biomedical Science at Wolverhampton University

Is anyone going to study Biomedical science at Wolverhampton Uni starting in October?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 840
Is anyone going to study Biomedical science at Wolverhampton Uni starting in October?

I was going to do the Biomedical science HND because I missed a lot of stuff at a-level and thought it would be the best choice. However i've opted for biomedical science with a foundation year as it takes me straight on to the degree. Are you in halls or commuting?
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm doing Biomedical science at Wolves too!
roll on October.
could any previous students of this course at the university give some tips or how the course is like in general. I'm little nervous about starting university.
i took a year out after Alevels
meeee!
Original post by 840
whose doing Biomedical science this year if I wana apply for this course do I need to write personal statement beacuse my friend she told me that I dont need to do personal statement Im confused and I was wondering If anyone could help me:frown:
Reply 5
Original post by nazrin_saleem
whose doing Biomedical science this year if I wana apply for this course do I need to write personal statement beacuse my friend she told me that I dont need to do personal statement Im confused and I was wondering If anyone could help me:frown:

What information is provided on the UCAS application process page Nazrin?
Reply 6
Original post by LaurenEW1112
I was going to do the Biomedical science HND because I missed a lot of stuff at a-level and thought it would be the best choice. However i've opted for biomedical science with a foundation year as it takes me straight on to the degree. Are you in halls or commuting?

still in wlv uni?
Are you guys doing biomedical science at wolves ?? I'm planning on doing the HND in sept. How are you all finding the course and uni ??
Reply 8
Original post by littlemissmaya
Are you guys doing biomedical science at wolves ?? I'm planning on doing the HND in sept. How are you all finding the course and uni ??

hi maya, i am doing biomedical science at wolves
Original post by abbyolly
hi maya, i am doing biomedical science at wolves

Hey,

Are you a first year year ? How are you finding it ?? Do you know anyone doing HND biomedical science ?
yes i am and it has been quite interesting. I dont know anyone doing HND. Most people do foundation instead of Hnd, this is because at the end of hnd, iff you need to get a degree in bio medical sciences then your hnd certificate wont be issued, you will just move straight unto third year
Original post by abbyolly
yes i am and it has been quite interesting. I dont know anyone doing HND. Most people do foundation instead of Hnd, this is because at the end of hnd, iff you need to get a degree in bio medical sciences then your hnd certificate wont be issued, you will just move straight unto third year

Oh right, I haven't looked into the foundation year, but I'm planning on moving to biomedical science y2 after first year of HND, the uni said I can do this, I want to be a biomedical scientist. I will have to look into foundation year x how are you finding the assessments etc ? Thanks for the replies btw 😁

Is there lots of maths btw ??
Reply 12
Oh right, I haven't looked into the foundation year, but I'm planning on moving to biomedical science y2 after first year of HND, the uni said I can do this, I want to be a biomedical scientist. I will have to look into foundation year x how are you finding the assessments etc ? Thanks for the replies btw 😁

Is there lots of maths btw ??

Hi I am currently studying Biomed at Wolves, HND first year but aiming to go onto Bsc 2nd Year. To be honest there is hardly any maths. You probably would only need a calculator for labs. Certainly not for the exams. Each assessment varies depending on your strong and weak areas. As a whole I have found them quite ok. Some easier than others (ofc) but you soon get the hang of things.
Original post by 123Life
Hi I am currently studying Biomed at Wolves, HND first year but aiming to go onto Bsc 2nd Year. To be honest there is hardly any maths. You probably would only need a calculator for labs. Certainly not for the exams. Each assessment varies depending on your strong and weak areas. As a whole I have found them quite ok. Some easier than others (ofc) but you soon get the hang of things.

Hey! Finally I have found someone who is doing the HND😁 How have you found it ?? Was it easy to transfer to 2nd year ?? I've applied to do it in sept, does the course have any mature students ? I' will be a mature student myself x
Reply 14
Hey! Finally I have found someone who is doing the HND😁 How have you found it ?? Was it easy to transfer to 2nd year ?? I've applied to do it in sept, does the course have any mature students ? I' will be a mature student myself x

Hey not too bad actually. I have not yet transferred but will at the beginning of the second year. And yes there are loads of mature students. You will not feel left out at all.
Original post by 123Life
Hey not too bad actually. I have not yet transferred but will at the beginning of the second year. And yes there are loads of mature students. You will not feel left out at all.

Aah that's good 😊 How have you found the course so far? Is it mainly biology and Chem A2?? Goodluck with the transfer. Are you living out btw?
Just finished second year of Biomedical science at wolves, and I can honestly give this review:

It's ****, if you want to work in an NHS lab then its fine. But if you want a more research based career then MOVE UNIS. Redo your a levels and apply elsewhere.

The students on the whole are f*****g stupid, they're idiots who just came through clearing or picked it as a last resort option - although some students are smart.

The staff don't really care about you, they know it's a s**t university hence the support you get is pretty crap. There are maybe only 1 or 2 staff members out of like 30 I've encountered who are good.

There's jack all to do in Wolverhampton, it's a s******e. The town centre is ugly and it's a boring place to live.

I've personally decided to transfer to Biochemistry because the Biomedical science programme is a dead end career with the outlook to become fully automated within the next 20 years. This degree will basically teach you to push buttons for 8 hours a day. Waste of 2 years, avoid if you can. Sorry to ruin your high hopes kids.
Reply 17
Aah that's good 😊 How have you found the course so far? Is it mainly biology and Chem A2?? Goodluck with the transfer. Are you living out btw?

Hey I have found it good thanks. Yes there is quite a bit of recap but not all. Thank you, I will be transferring in a few weeks and yes I am living out.
Reply 18
Hi sorry but this is not all true. Yes not all staff are supportive but certainly there is more than two that are! The City campus is within the centre and minutes from the station, with two shopping centres, I don't see what is ugly there ?? Plus there are different Biomed routes, you could go for the applied one instead for example. We are all entitled to our own opinion at the end of the day tbh.
Original post by DRR Lumberjack
Just finished second year of Biomedical science at wolves, and I can honestly give this review:

It's ****, if you want to work in an NHS lab then its fine. But if you want a more research based career then MOVE UNIS. Redo your a levels and apply elsewhere.

The students on the whole are f*****g stupid, they're idiots who just came through clearing or picked it as a last resort option - although some students are smart.

The staff don't really care about you, they know it's a s**t university hence the support you get is pretty crap. There are maybe only 1 or 2 staff members out of like 30 I've encountered who are good.

There's jack all to do in Wolverhampton, it's a s******e. The town centre is ugly and it's a boring place to live.

I've personally decided to transfer to Biochemistry because the Biomedical science programme is a dead end career with the outlook to become fully automated within the next 20 years. This degree will basically teach you to push buttons for 8 hours a day. Waste of 2 years, avoid if you can. Sorry to ruin your high hopes kids.
Original post by 123Life
Hey I have found it good thanks. Yes there is quite a bit of recap but not all. Thank you, I will be transferring in a few weeks and yes I am living out.

hey what was the timetable like first year for HND ???

i need to know as I'm probably going to be commuting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending