The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Living Costs in Wolverhampton??

hey guys. I will be studying Pharmacy at the University of Wolverhampton. will be living in halls at city campus/en suite. I'm just wondering what living costs are like in Wolverhampton.

train and bus costs. food and drink costs. essentials costs in general. any place you'd recommend to shop at.

like an estimate of how much I'd need per week to be able to live alone in city campus halls at Wolverhampton!

any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!!
Original post by paper13579
hey guys. I will be studying Pharmacy at the University of Wolverhampton. will be living in halls at city campus/en suite. I'm just wondering what living costs are like in Wolverhampton.

train and bus costs. food and drink costs. essentials costs in general. any place you'd recommend to shop at.

like an estimate of how much I'd need per week to be able to live alone in city campus halls at Wolverhampton!

any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Trains are relatively inexpensive and there's always the metro to get into Birmingham. I would recommend getting a student card for the trains. A single trip on the bus is £2.20 but more than one bus you might as well get a day saver which is £4.20 and you can use around the majority of the area. See here: http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/

Tesco and Asda are a short walk from the main campus but the Tesco is shutting down in March. Asda will be your best bet and I think it's open 24 hours (don't count on it). For clothes there are enough shops in town but you may want to get the 255 (or it may be 256) to the Merry Hill Centre. There's a greater variety of shops and its much more pleasant to be in as it's covered. It costs £4.20 to get there (daysaver) so it's probably cheaper than going to Birmingham, the downside is the hour or so journey from the city centre.

I've lived in Wolverhampton my entire life and it's not overly expensive but not cheap as some places (for example in the north). Living costs are pretty much the same for food for most students who will spend £20-35 a week on food dependent on their diet.

Any specific questions, hit me up.
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Quick Reply