The Student Room Group

Getting into Magic Circle Firms without going to RG unis

would a magic circle firm take me in for a training contract if I went to a non russel group? I know they do favour RG unis although they say they don't but what if I have done many work experience/ other projects with them in the past?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Raven1998
would a magic circle firm take me in for a training contract if I went to a non russel group? I know they do favour RG unis although they say they don't but what if I have done many work experience/ other projects with them in the past?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's perfectly possible - as long as your form is up to scratch. I don't think they would discount you on your university alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
This question has been answered thousands of times. Do your research. There are plenty of trainees at MC firms who did not attend RG or Oxbridge Universities.
Reply 3
Original post by pp93
It's perfectly possible - as long as your form is up to scratch. I don't think they would discount you on your university alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for that mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by J-SP
I recruited for more than one, and I can honestly say they didn't "favour" RG universities.

It's the associated strengths of attending a RG uni that means their students can be "favoured" (good careers service/more careers events/better connections to firms through alumni networks or lecturers/stronger & more diverse extra curricular societies and events).

But students at non RG universities can obtain all of the above, they might just have to be a bit more proactive to get them compared to the RG university students who often have easy access to them all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had interviews - undergrad none russell group.
Original post by Justwonderin92
I've had interviews - undergrad none russell group.

Hi what were your a level grades if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending