The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I started FP3 today :yay: I'm actually getting somewhere!
Original post by Jordan\
I started FP3 today :yay: I'm actually getting somewhere!

You're flying haha, haven't even done C3/4 yet nevermind FP2 and FP3. What applied modules are you doing this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordan\
I would definitely do Japanese if I wasn't applying for Maths :tongue:

Awesome! I'm glad there are still language loving scientists/mathmos
Original post by Jordan\
When I look back on it now I realise how much I really just didn't know/ understand going into the exam which is terrible :lol:

Does anybody else do that? Look back on GCSEs and realise just how much they didn't know and yet somehow still got A*/As? :gah:

Lol tell me about it, ah well :tongue:
Original post by TirnanF
You're flying haha, haven't even done C3/4 yet nevermind FP2 and FP3. What applied modules are you doing this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing S1 CCEA and then M2, M3 and S2 (Edexcel) and I might do M4 as well if I can be bothered because it doesn't clash with any of my exams this year :biggrin:

Although I do have some horrific clashes this year, with C3 & FP1 on the same day, C4 & FP2 at the SAME TIME :frown: and then FP3 & S2..
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Awesome! I'm glad there are still language loving scientists/mathmos

Technically at the moment I would be much better qualified to apply for languages so the interest is still there :wink:
Original post by Jordan\
I'm doing S1 CCEA and then M2, M3 and S2 (Edexcel) and I might do M4 as well if I can be bothered because it doesn't clash with any of my exams this year :biggrin:

Although I do have some horrific clashes this year, with C3 & FP1 on the same day, C4 & FP2 at the SAME TIME :frown: and then FP3 & S2..

Clashes are chilling for maths since we are getting ready step which is 3hrs non stop and very hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 267
Original post by Jordan\
When I look back on it now I realise how much I really just didn't know/ understand going into the exam which is terrible :lol:

Does anybody else do that? Look back on GCSEs and realise just how much they didn't know and yet somehow still got A*/As? :gah:

Yeah gcse was hardcore winging

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Science students, if you had to apply for art course which would you choose?

I would choose linguistics or philosophy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm.
Either English or Geography/History.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 269
Original post by physicsmaths
Hm.
Either English or Geography/History.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I heard about you and English before, but the other two is surprising :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you had the choice would you pick m2 and m3 over d1 and numerical methods? For AS further maths at my college everyone does d1 and NM but I'm thinking I'd enjoy m2 and m3 more although i'd have to self teach and i've heard the step up in dificulty from m1 is big?
Original post by physicsmaths
Clashes are chilling for maths since we are getting ready step which is 3hrs non stop and very hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh I would have been fine with them but I just don't like the idea of having clashes with A2 Maths and FM modules because it might risk me loosing the A*s.. I'm not looking forward to step though..

How are getting on with AFM?
Original post by C0balt
Yeah gcse was hardcore winging

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally :lol:
Original post by Alex621
If you had the choice would you pick m2 and m3 over d1 and numerical methods? For AS further maths at my college everyone does d1 and NM but I'm thinking I'd enjoy m2 and m3 more although i'd have to self teach and i've heard the step up in dificulty from m1 is big?

I'm not too sure about OCR/ AQA but for Edexcel once you've done M3, M2 will be easy so they 'bounce off each other' if you know what I mean, although you may find D1 and NM more interesting? Can you not give both a go for a while and see what you prefer?
Original post by Jordan\
C4 & FP2 at the SAME TIME :frown: .

Legit??? Edexcel? WTF
Original post by BBeyond
Legit??? Edexcel? WTF

I'm doing C4 with CCEA and FP2 with Edexcel so I'm pretty sure I'll be like the only one with this problem, don't worry about it :wink:
Original post by Jordan\
I'm doing C4 with CCEA and FP2 with Edexcel so I'm pretty sure I'll be like the only one with this problem, don't worry about it :wink:

thank god was gunna say that is one terrible joke by edexcel :tongue:

feel sorry for you though you have some awful clashes :frown:
Original post by BBeyond
thank god was gunna say that is one terrible joke by edexcel :tongue:

feel sorry for you though you have some awful clashes :frown:

It's going to be horrible. I'm just going to have to treat C4 and a 'warm up' for FP2 :lol: Let's hope I don't have an off day then lol there's an awful lot riding on those two exams
damn guys- new thread! Looks like I'm late to the party :colondollar:
Original post by Jordan\
It's going to be horrible. I'm just going to have to treat C4 and a 'warm up' for FP2 :lol: Let's hope I don't have an off day then lol there's an awful lot riding on those two exams

well if ur doing fp2 c4 should be pretty easy, and ur doing STEP as well so c4 will be childs play for you :tongue: yeah that would be awful 1 day 2A*s dreamed away aha

Latest

Trending

Trending