I am! But i'm gonna be applying for mental health instead of adult :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by hanna_h
I am! But i'm gonna be applying for mental health instead of adult :smile:

Oh fab!! How is your application going? 5 days until we can send them off I can't wait!
Reply 3
Original post by Sash92
Oh fab!! How is your application going? 5 days until we can send them off I can't wait!

Mines all finished, i'm just waiting until I can send it off! Is UCLan the only one you're applying to?
Reply 4
Original post by hanna_h
Mines all finished, i'm just waiting until I can send it off! Is UCLan the only one you're applying to?

Mine too! Yes it is, how about you? Where are you from?
Reply 5
Original post by Sash92
Mine too! Yes it is, how about you? Where are you from?

At least they'll know we're keen when we send it off on the first day! I'm applying for 4 others aswell but UCLan is the one I really want to go to. I'm from Halifax (its about an hour/an hour and half away. Are you local or from further away?
Reply 6
Original post by hanna_h
At least they'll know we're keen when we send it off on the first day! I'm applying for 4 others aswell but UCLan is the one I really want to go to. I'm from Halifax (its about an hour/an hour and half away. Are you local or from further away?

I'm fairly local - 10 miles ish? Easily accessible from a car/train/bus I'm very familiar with the route anyway! I've not long graduated from university of Cumbria so I'm quite prepared for uni life ha ha. How old are you? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Sash92
I'm fairly local - 10 miles ish? Easily accessible from a car/train/bus I'm very familiar with the route anyway! I've not long graduated from university of Cumbria so I'm quite prepared for uni life ha ha. How old are you? :smile:

At least if you get an offer you'll know the area well for placement :smile: Oooh what we're you studying at university before? I've just gone 19 so if I get an offer i'll be 19 still when the course starts :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by hanna_h
At least if you get an offer you'll know the area well for placement :smile: Oooh what we're you studying at university before? I've just gone 19 so if I get an offer i'll be 19 still when the course starts :smile:

I'm hoping I get a placement at my local hospital but I'm eager to get into school/colleges as a school nurse so maybe my local schools too! I was studying youth and community development work / very different! Did u get the ucas points for entry requirements?
Reply 9
Original post by Sash92
I'm hoping I get a placement at my local hospital but I'm eager to get into school/colleges as a school nurse so maybe my local schools too! I was studying youth and community development work / very different! Did u get the ucas points for entry requirements?

Its so exiting all the different things you can do with nursing! Yeah I did my ALevels last year and I got about 400 ucas points I think :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by hanna_h
Its so exiting all the different things you can do with nursing! Yeah I did my ALevels last year and I got about 400 ucas points I think :smile:

Oh wow well done.! Let me know how you get on!
I've applied for adult nursing March intake at Uclan, Salford and Manchester Met and university of Manchester and Cumbria for September. Graduated from Sheffield Hallam last year after studying BSc Hons in public health nutrition so feeling quite nervous about doing another degree! I wonder how long it will be until we hear back considering we're not waiting on grades and we've got the applications in early?! I'm hoping for a place at Uclan also as I have moved back home to Blackburn :smile:
Reply 12
Oh wow that's amazing! All those universities sound ace too. Apparently, we will get an answer before Christmas. If we are offered an interview it will be mid October onwards and it takes 2 weeks after interview to be offered a place! :-) fingers crossed! How old are you? :-)
Original post by Sash92
Oh wow that's amazing! All those universities sound ace too. Apparently, we will get an answer before Christmas. If we are offered an interview it will be mid October onwards and it takes 2 weeks after interview to be offered a place! :-) fingers crossed! How old are you? :-)

I know it's all pretty scary now I have finally submitted my application, I need to pluck up the courage to tell work I've applied to go back to university but I'm terrified I won't get any interviews and make a fool of myself!

I'll be turning 23 in December so will be 26 when I finally graduate again! How about yourself?

How did you find out the information on when the interviews will be? Mid October is so close!
Reply 14
I'm 24 in February :-) if you look at old posts on here then people say when their interviews were so I've got a good Idea also a lot of my friends are currently on this course :-)
I'm just waiting on my referee then my application will be sent off- I'm applying for UCLan, Salford and Man Met. I'm also a graduate and will be 25 in January. Scary and exciting times. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by sarahjb91
I'm just waiting on my referee then my application will be sent off- I'm applying for UCLan, Salford and Man Met. I'm also a graduate and will be 25 in January. Scary and exciting times. :smile:

Oh fab! Are you applying for March or September intake?
Original post by sarahjb91

Has anyone found any answers around whether we are eligible for student finance? I know the general rule is that because we have completed our previous degree we are not eligible for further maintenance loans but a few people have said we should be because nursing is an exception but I'm not sure?
Reply 18
Original post by hollypopz92
Has anyone found any answers around whether we are eligible for student finance? I know the general rule is that because we have completed our previous degree we are not eligible for further maintenance loans but a few people have said we should be because nursing is an exception but I'm not sure?

That's correct! Nursing is an exception so we get funding as usual and an nhs bursary
Yep March intake of adult nursing :smile:
I called SF to check, and it's roughly £2300 non means tested as nursing is an "exception" course. I've had to do a lot of number crunching my partner only has an average income, we have a 17 month old child and I think we're just above the threshold for dependants / childcare allowance. It's going to be a tight few years!
Went to the UCLan Open Day this morning and listened to the nursing talk, was interesting to hear the answers to questions at the end and a bit about the interview process too. I didn't know they do a literacy and numeracy assessment along with a bit about how much you know about nursing on a separate day, then if you are successful they invite you to an interview at a later date.
How much healthcare experience do you have?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending