The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maracatinca
Link's broken. But thanks for the input though! I'll ask other people from my country about this as well.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=ucas%20international%20qualifications%20for%20entry%20to%20higher%20education&es_th=1

Sorry. Try this. It's the first on the list.
Imperial said in their subject talk that putting UMS scores on can help them make "a more informed decision". Should I add my UMS? I average 92% over 4 subjects (and perhaps more importantly 97% in maths + fm which relates to computing a lot) so it's pretty respectable but I don't want to seem like i'm throwing my UMS in tutor's faces at the other unis i'm applying to,

halp
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rabadon
Imperial said in their subject talk that putting UMS scores on can help them make "a more informed decision". Should I add my UMS? I average 92% over 4 subjects (and perhaps more importantly 97% in maths + fm which relates to computing a lot) so it's pretty respectable but I don't want to seem like i'm throwing my UMS in tutor's faces at the other unis i'm applying to,

halp

Have them in the reference.
Reply 43
Hi, im currently in a predicament
I have declared everything on UCAS. My current grades all meet my uni's requirements however i'm still undecided if i'm doing a resit in one of my as modules. I'm really confused and would like some help.
Original post by bluedot
I have declared everything on UCAS. My current grades all meet my uni's requirements however i'm still undecided if i'm doing a resit in one of my as modules. I'm really confused and would like some help.

Not sure what your problem is. Don't send it off until you've decided.
Original post by bluedot
If you haven't finally decided by the time your school wants to submit your application, you can add a resit in later. However you would then have to inform all your unis and UCAS immediately of the change, and any offers you might have been made beforehand could be amended.

As CLR says, you need to make up your mind as soon as possible, If this is a 'tactical' resit in the hope of giving yourself more headroom for the A level UMS in order to achieve your target grade in that subject, my advice would be 'don't'. Now that you can't do a resit until June, it will be an unnecessary distraction and could even result in you doing less well on your A2 modules than you would have done in the first place. In other words, much stress, with no certainty of getting the return you want.
Reply 46
Thank you so much for your advice! A resit is looking very unlikely right now and i have emailed all my university choices asking what their policy is on modular resits.

Original post by Minerva
If you haven't finally decided by the time your school wants to submit your application, you can add a resit in later. However you would then have to inform all your unis and UCAS immediately of the change, and any offers you might have been made beforehand could be amended.

As CLR says, you need to make up your mind as soon as possible, If this is a 'tactical' resit in the hope of giving yourself more headroom for the A level UMS in order to achieve your target grade in that subject, my advice would be 'don't'. Now that you can't do a resit until June, it will be an unnecessary distraction and could even result in you doing less well on your A2 modules than you would have done in the first place. In other words, much stress, with no certainty of getting the return you want.
Reply 47
Hi, i'm really confused. My AS grades were ABB. But my module grades are bad. As i want to do psychology as a degree...i got a B overall, I got an A in one exam and an E in another. should i write my module grades?? Im applying for Kent, Southampton, Leicester, queen marys and Birmingham. i am going to study C800 psychology.do these unis want module grades.My predicted is A*AB

thank you:smile:
If I submit that I want to resit a subject but then after the application is sent, I decided not to repeat it, what will happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
If I submit that I want to resit a subject but then after the application is sent, I decided not to repeat it, what will happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will need to inform all the universities you applied to that your application has changed. Any offers you have received could be revoked, because you have changed the terms of your application.
Just to clarify, if I have sat a qualification in Year 9 and resat it in Year 10 and then again in year 11 I would have to declare all 3 re-sits?

Seems like a lot of re-sits but when I was first entered for it in Year 9 they put our entire cohort on foundation level so the highest I could get was a C. No idea why they did this, probably as a test run or something. I got an A in Year 10 and A* in Year 11.

Also, for universities that require you to have, for example, an A grade in this subject and they state that they don't accept GCSE resits would they only take into account the C I received and disregard the other 2 resits?

Thank you.
Original post by ScarletRose
Just to clarify, if I have sat a qualification in Year 9 and resat it in Year 10 and then again in year 11 I would have to declare all 3 re-sits?

Seems like a lot of re-sits but when I was first entered for it in Year 9 they put our entire cohort on foundation level so the highest I could get was a C. No idea why they did this, probably as a test run or something. I got an A in Year 10 and A* in Year 11.

Also, for universities that require you to have, for example, an A grade in this subject and they state that they don't accept GCSE resits would they only take into account the C I received and disregard the other 2 resits?

Thank you.

You need to declare everything, but they will see that you took the first two before year 11 and will in any case take the highest grade.
Original post by PQ
That looks right to me - you're not resitting any AS modules correct?

Hear me out here girly, I have done two years of AS with the same subjects but I also did an diploma whilst doing my GCSE's. If I put the diploma qualification in for last year, essentially removing the AS resit year, will UCAS care? What if my first school did not certificate AS grades?
Original post by Kaceytronix
Hear me out here girly,

I'm sorry I stopped caring after this point. Especially because your question is answered in the first post of this thread.

If you're hoping someone will back you up to make a fraudulent application you're in the wrong place.

If you want to ignore all the advice in this thread and submit a fraudulent application then go ahead - you're supposed to be an adult making adult decisions - and that includes living with the consequences of your decisions.

Girly.
Reply 54
I have an odd case, and wondered if anyone can help.

For AS Maths this year, I was entered for C1, C2, S1 and M1 (I asked not to be entered for M1 as I knew I was **** at it, but was told I had to do the exam as I had done all the teaching for it). I came out with CCCU as the module grades (the U being M1), however for the AS sections UCAS only have room for 3 modules, and my AS had 4. I'm taking either D1 or S2 to, in effect, overwrite the M1 grade.

What should I do about UCAS? Am I okay to not declare M1(as my school advised), as it will not count towards my final qualification, or would I be accused of lying if the Uni's contacted Edexcel? Help please!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xace28x

For AS Maths this year, I was entered for C1, C2, S1 and M1 (I asked not to be entered for M1 as I knew I was **** at it, but was told I had to do the exam as I had done all the teaching for it). I came out with CCCU as the module grades (the U being M1), however for the AS sections UCAS only have room for 3 modules, and my AS had 4. I'm taking either D1 or S2 to, in effect, overwrite the M1 grade.

What should I do about UCAS? Am I okay to not declare M1(as my school advised), as it will not count towards my final qualification, or would I be accused of lying if the Uni's contacted Edexcel? Help please!

See the first post of this thread.
Original post by xace28x

What should I do about UCAS? Am I okay to not declare M1(as my school advised), as it will not count towards my final qualification, or would I be accused of lying if the exam boards contacted Edexcel? Help please!

You might be OK with this, since Maths is different to other subjects. Did you get a certificate for the AS? If so, then I presume that the exam board automatically counted the S1 since it was better than M1?

As you say, there are only three modules for the AS. I'd be interested to see what others advise on this one.

Edit: am I right to assume that in June 2016 you'll take only C3, C4 and either D1 or S2? I.e., you are not taking further maths?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Holmstock
You might be OK with this, since Maths is different to other subjects. Did you get a certificate for the AS? If so, then I presume that the exam board automatically counted the S1 since it was better than M1?

As you say, there are only three modules for the AS. I'd be interested to see what others advise on this one.

Maths is difficult in this respect. I'll quote in some knowledgeable people here:

@Compost @TenOfThem @gdunne42 I'd tag in Mr M, but for some reason the tagging thing won't work for him.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Maths is difficult in this respect. I'll quote in some knowledgeable people here:

@Compost @TenOfThem @gdunne42 I'd tag in Mr M, but for some reason the tagging thing won't work for him.

Many thanks (says I need to RSOM)
Original post by Holmstock
Many thanks (says I need to RSOM)

No prob!

Latest

Trending

Trending