The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Minerva
You must not enter predicted grades yourself. Only your referee can do it. Remove the grades you've entered and leave them as 'pending'.

Thank you for your response!

If i leave them as pending, will the teacher that will give my reference have to put all predicted grades of mine ? for example, if it's English subject teacher, she/he will have to put all other predicted grade as well, like: Arts, Math, physics and so on ? I registered my account "as an individual", so I am not applying through school, but I am still in school. I assume I should leave them like that? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Original post by SarunasM
Thank you for your response!

If i leave them as pending, will the teacher that will give my reference have to put all predicted grades of mine ? for example, if it's English subject teacher, she/he will have to put all other predicted grade as well, like: Arts, Math, physics and so on ? I registered my account "as an individual", so I am not applying through school, but I am still in school. I assume I should leave them like that? Please correct me if I am wrong.
You will have to give the details of one referee, who will need to collate information provided by all your teachers, and that information should include predicted grades. Your referee will then be able to enter them for everyone else.
Hey, can I PM you pictures of what I did as I am not quite sure I submit it the education part in the right way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
Hey, can I PM you pictures of what I did as I am not quite sure I submit it the education part in the right way

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm afraid you can't PM attachments.

The steps are:

Add a new educational institution - you will probably have to use 'my school/college isn't listed' - this will open up the box where you can enter the details of your school, when you started there and when you expect to finish, your attendance (normally full time), and tick 'yes' to the question about qualifications. Once you have done this and saved the details, you will then be able to add qualifications.

For each qualification: put in the title (again using the 'my qualification isn't listed here' if you need to, but check what's listed under your country firsts), the date when you expect to get the result, and leave the grade as pending. You then use the module boxes to enter the individual subjects that make up the qualification. When you save all this and go back to the main screen for education, all you will see is the name of your school and the title of the qualification.
Reply 84
Original post by Minerva

The steps are:

Add a new educational institution - you will probably have to use 'my school/college isn't listed' - this will open up the box where you can enter the details of your school, when you started there and when you expect to finish, your attendance (normally full time), and tick 'yes' to the question about qualifications. Once you have done this and saved the details, you will then be able to add qualifications.

For each qualification: put in the title (again using the 'my qualification isn't listed here' if you need to, but check what's listed under your country firsts), the date when you expect to get the result, and leave the grade as pending. You then use the module boxes to enter the individual subjects that make up the qualification. When you save all this and go back to the main screen for education, all you will see is the name of your school and the title of the qualification.

Hello, so there shouldn't be each subject in different category ? like mine, or is mine okay ?: PRNTSCR.png
Hello, so there shouldn't be each subject in different category ? like mine, or is mine okay ?: PRNTSCR.png
If those subjects are part of an overall qualification, you don't list them separately. If they are individual qualifications, then you do. You need to remove all references to predictions - just give the name of the qualification.
Reply 86
Original post by Minerva
If those subjects are part of an overall qualification, you don't list them separately. If they are individual qualifications, then you do. You need to remove all references to predictions - just give the name of the qualification.

Well, predicted final grades are basically a part of 12th grade overall scores, national exams are a part of the Matura certificate, in which there are 12th grade scores AND national exams, so I am lost as to how should I fill in these. Why there should be no references to predictions ? I am asking because, i did the same as some other people did, so I am not sure, what to do, and I am very confused. I am thankful for your advice and time wasted on me! :smile:
Original post by Minerva

The steps are:

Ohh, that's what I did, like I have added the qualification IAL biology, added the grade as pending then completed the modules names with the grade of the modules that I have examined and pending with the ones I haven't yet
Well, predicted final grades are basically a part of 12th grade overall scores, national exams are a part of the Matura certificate, in which there are 12th grade scores AND national exams, so I am lost as to how should I fill in these. Why there should be no references to predictions ? I am asking because, i did the same as some other people did, so I am not sure, what to do, and I am very confused. I am thankful for your advice and time wasted on me! :smile:
The Matura is the final qualification, isn't it? That has its own overall grade? In which case, you list the contributing subjects - and you do NOT, repeat NOT, include the word 'predicted' anywhere in the listing, either of the qualification or the contributing subjects.
If I want to include a rest I have done in a module, I just add the subject with that one module and the grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I want to include a rest I have done in a module, I just add the subject with that one module and the grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have freestanding A/AS modules that aren't associated with an AS or A level then you cannot include them in your qualifications section - a module is not a qualification. You can ask your referee to include the result within your reference if it is relevant.

If that isn't what you're talking about then can you explain - I think autocorrect has mucked up your post "If I want to include a rest I have done in a module"
Original post by PQ
If you have freestanding A/AS modules that aren't associated with an AS or A level then you cannot include them in your qualifications section - a module is not a qualification. You can ask your referee to include the result within your reference if it is relevant.

If that isn't what you're talking about then can you explain - I think autocorrect has mucked up your post "If I want to include a rest I have done in a module"

Yeah you're right, I'll reexplain, my As biology consists of three modules, so since I do IAL biology, I can do exams in January, therefore, I have done module one in January and got a B, but then resit it in June and got a C, when submitting the data on the educational part, I add the B grade but people told me I have also to include the resit, so how should I include it, is it by choosing another IAL biology and submitting only module one, the resit mark?
Yeah you're right, I'll reexplain, my As biology consists of three modules, so since I do IAL biology, I can do exams in January, therefore, I have done module one in January and got a B, but then resit it in June and got a C, when submitting the data on the educational part, I add the B grade but people told me I have also to include the resit, so how should I include it, is it by choosing another IAL biology and submitting only module one, the resit mark?

If you resat prior to your result being certified then you don't have to include it - in fact you should not include it. The C in June has not been associated with a certified qualification and it shouldn't be included in your application.
Original post by PQ
If you resat prior to your result being certified then you don't have to include it - in fact you should not include it. The C in June has not been associated with a certified qualification and it shouldn't be included in your application.

Sorry for asking but what do you mean by not a certified qualification?
How do you declare a Cambridge national ICT qualification.?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry for asking but what do you mean by not a certified qualification?

An A level is a qualification
And AS level is a qualification

When you get a result for either of these with an overall grade then they're certified/cashed in.

You only list full certified qualifications in your UCAS application. That means the AS and A levels that you have (or will have) certified (and the modules that contribute to those grades).
Original post by PQ

When you get a result for either of these with an overall grade then they're certified/cashed in.

You only list full certified qualifications in your UCAS application. That means the AS and A levels that you have (or will have) certified (and the modules that contribute to those grades).

Ohh, thank you so much
Reply 97
Original post by PQ

Hello, I applied for 2015 entry. I've declared qualifications and grades but didn't add in modules or the module grades as I saw that it was optional even when I resited. I just put pending and not modules. I've got in to the uni though and they never said anything
Sorry one last time, is it right like that? 1443092748611.jpg 1443093090705.jpg
1443094067203.jpg
Or it should be like this?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest