The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Entering 3 Sporting clubs in Uni?

I was wondering if it would be wise to join 3 sports (Badminton, Squash and Fencing) while studying Accounting. My contact hours isn't much but I'm worried if it'll affect my performance or it'll be time consuming. I'm planning to play Squash and Fencing 3 times a week while Badminton twice. I live near my Uni (5min drive) and my job is typically 2-3 hours per day. Opinions?
I'm not sure it's best to do all 3 just that I know sports clubs also lead to nights out, competitions etc :smile: most people are just dedicated to one sports club. However if you just wanted to play casual and just attend those sessions it'd be possible!
Id say maybe choose either squash or badminton :smile: as well as fencing
(edited 8 years ago)
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
It depends how well you can prioritise, do the work when you're tired etc. Remember you're going to have coursework, tutorial prep etc. However, if it's easy enough to skip a session if you feel the work is piling up, go for it. I personally am only a member of one sports club that trains 3x a week and don't think I could manage another sport on top of that but its totally personal needs, my course is heavy on the reading rather than contact time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Aria48
I was wondering if it would be wise to join 3 sports (Badminton, Squash and Fencing) while studying Accounting. My contact hours isn't much but I'm worried if it'll affect my performance or it'll be time consuming. I'm planning to play Squash and Fencing 3 times a week while Badminton twice. I live near my Uni (5min drive) and my job is typically 2-3 hours per day. Opinions?

How about trying something a bit different from the main stream sports clubs? There's a University of Bradford Sub Aqua Club who train you to become a qualified diver and go on dive trips to in-land sites such as quarries and sea dives in places such as North Wales. Having fun and getting a qualification you can stick on your CV and also use if you go abroad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending