The Student Room Group

Classroom noise!

I don't know if this is just because I've been out of the education setting for so long but I'm finding the noise level of our classroom too much. Our tutor has noted it as have some other students, we've repeatedly mentioned it but it falls of "deaf ears"!!

Is anyone else experiencing this or have any advice? I honestly don't think I will be able to deal with this for the length of time I'm in college and was close to just walking out today! I am particularly sensitive to noise anyway but it's not just myself who has noticed it.
Reply 1
Noise level? What do you mean? Level of people talking amongst each other or something else (like roadworks/outside noise etc)?
Reply 2
Original post by LurkQueen
Noise level? What do you mean? Level of people talking amongst each other or something else (like roadworks/outside noise etc)?

Sorry, yes, students talking at an unacceptable level. We'll be watching presentations for example and a certain few will just talk throughout, our tutor will quiet them but 5 minutes later they're at it again. It's really affecting other peoples learning.
Original post by HzlC
Sorry, yes, students talking at an unacceptable level. We'll be watching presentations for example and a certain few will just talk throughout, our tutor will quiet them but 5 minutes later they're at it again. It's really affecting other peoples learning.

Worth putting in a formal complaint. You're paying for your education. It's not unreasonable to expect to be able to hear it.
I agree, if you've asked your tutor and nothing is been done then it's time to go up a pay level. It would be even better if two or three of you did it together.

I sometimes think my class is a little noisy but when it requires quiet the teacher is pretty good at shutting them up.
I get it quite a lot and I am at university. I am hard of hearing so it really frustrates me as I am trying to listen to what the lecturer is saying but everyone keeps talking - however they do end up shutting up after the lecturer tells them to either keep quiet or leave the room. You would have thought they'd be more considerate because it is a university setting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
How rude :/ I'd definitely complain to your access course tutor. You'd think with older students you'd have a bit more respect for the teacher and the people trying to listen.
Reply 7
Thanks guys, was wondering if I was just being petty and it was just something I'd have to put up with/get used to. I'm kind of hoping that in the next few weeks, as the intensity of the course increases, that people will settle down a bit more and get stuck in. I'm completely British in the sense that I really don't like complaining but if it continues to hinder mine and other peoples progress then I'll get a few people together to make a joint complaint.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending