The Student Room Group

Should I put this in my personal statement?

I was selected to go on a trip with a particular university, my teacher picked the 4 best people in the class and then the four of us applied the uni itself, I was picked and there were only 50 places available. I think this would be pretty good to write down on my personal statement and I could wind it into it well but there's some things I want to ask

The trip is on the same day the personal statement is to be submitted to UCAS. I think I know what's going to be done on the trip as they gave me a schedule, would it be bad if I guessed it a bit with regards to what I would be doing in a little detail or just mention it briefly? Should I include it at all?

Should I say the name of the university that's hosting the trip? Its the one I want an offer from primarily. I know universities can be very fussy if you say you want to go to a certain university on the PS (I won't indicate I want to go to that uni at all, I'll just say they hosted it)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Celebi899
I was selected to go on a trip with a particular university, my teacher picked the 4 best people in the class and then the four of us applied the uni itself, I was picked and there were only 50 places available. I think this would be pretty good to write down on my personal statement and I could wind it into it well but there's some things I want to ask

The trip is on the same day the personal statement is to be submitted to UCAS. I think I know what's going to be done on the trip as they gave me a schedule, would it be bad if I guessed it a bit with regards to what I would be doing in a little detail or just mention it briefly? Should I include it at all?

Should I say the name of the university that's hosting the trip? Its the one I want an offer from primarily. I know universities can be very fussy if you say you want to go to a certain university on the PS (I won't indicate I want to go to that uni at all, I'll just say they hosted it)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the trip on the 15 October/January. If not then the deadline is your school deadline and you need to talk to your referee to get your application sent back to revise your ps after the trip.

If it is actually the UCAS deadline and not a school deadline then don't include anything other than "I have been selected to visit xxxx to learn more about yyy". Putting anything else about future events is a bad idea.
Just say that you were selected to go to an event at University of X based on your aptitude or passion for whatever it is and talk about what it'll involve briefly if it's related to the course you're officially applying for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Right okay, it's on the 16th of October. I think I'll just say I've been selected for it and say how it will help me bla bla bla bla without saying I've done it. Thanks for the help guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending