The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

What are peoples plans for a place to live in 2nd year

I know it's September but has anyone thought about where or who their going to live with and how/who your going to find a house with ?

Comment below on your plans
Thanks

Grace bexon

Grace bexon
If I make some really trustworthy friends over the year, hopefully we could find a place together.
because apparently if one person doesnt pay bills it lowers your credit rating or something which i dont want ofc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by NineTailedFox
If I make some really trustworthy friends over the year, hopefully we could find a place together.
because apparently if one person doesnt pay bills it lowers your credit rating or something which i dont want ofc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doesnt lower your credit rating!! Thats a lie

When you get a tenancy with your friends you will all need a guarantor. But you all enter a joint tenancy. What that means is if you dont pay the landlord will go to your guarantor to pay and if the guarantor doesnt pay joint liability allows the landlord to get the payments off the other tenants and their guarantors. It doesnt affect credit ratings at all, only the credit rating of the person who initially does not pay but even then its not 100% that the credit rating will be compromised.
Original post by Gracembexon
I doesnt lower your credit rating!! Thats a lie

When you get a tenancy with your friends you will all need a guarantor. But you all enter a joint tenancy. What that means is if you dont pay the landlord will go to your guarantor to pay and if the guarantor doesnt pay joint liability allows the landlord to get the payments off the other tenants and their guarantors. It doesnt affect credit ratings at all, only the credit rating of the person who initially does not pay but even then its not 100% that the credit rating will be compromised.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by NineTailedFox
Oh. Thanks for clearing that up :biggrin:

No worries. Happy to help. Any other questions just ask 😊

Grace bexon

Quick Reply

Latest