The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Proofreading - PLEASE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PQ
Wait 24-48 hours (Google cached pages don't appear immediately) then search again.

If there are no matches then you're fine to submit to UCAS.

How far back will I have to search?
Original post by PQ
Wait 24-48 hours (Google cached pages don't appear immediately) then search again.

If there are no matches then you're fine to submit to UCAS.

Would UCAS make allowances for them if they let UCAS know what happened to their PS or would that be childish?
Original post by sk19972
How far back will I have to search?

What do you mean?

Wait a couple of days then type in your opening sentence with speech marks around it to search for exact matches. If anything matches then that sentence will trip the UCAS plagiarism detector.
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Would UCAS make allowances for them if they let UCAS know what happened to their PS or would that be childish?

No. There's no way to prove that the statement online was posted by the person submitting to UCAS. Universities might be forgiving but UCAS will inform them of the matches.

Even a forgiving university is likely to ask for a new PS to be submitted - so better to rewrite before submitting than risk getting picked up for plagiarism.
Reply 24
Original post by PQ
What do you mean?

Wait a couple of days then type in your opening sentence with speech marks around it to search for exact matches. If anything matches then that sentence will trip the UCAS plagiarism detector.

Ok, will do.
Original post by PQ
No. There's no way to prove that the statement online was posted by the person submitting to UCAS. Universities might be forgiving but UCAS will inform them of the matches.

Even a forgiving university is likely to ask for a new PS to be submitted - so better to rewrite before submitting than risk getting picked up for plagiarism.

Well, that's harsh then
Reply 26
What's the likelihood of it being cached?
Original post by sk19972
Hello - I was hoping some kind person on this site could proofread my personal statement - its a little late in the day, but I would really value some input here

Go to a teacher or a careers adviser. You can trust their feedback. We aren't the experts.
Reply 28
Well, its been cached.
Original post by sk19972
Well, its been cached.

Unfortunately Google won't let anybody off
Reply 30
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Unfortunately Google won't let anybody off

Clearly...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending