The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys I'm new to this and just saw a post of somebody who sat the tests for credit Suisse already and was wondering do we only do the tests once we have submitted our applications?

Thanks
Original post by That_Clever_Guy
Guys I'm new to this and just saw a post of somebody who sat the tests for credit Suisse already and was wondering do we only do the tests once we have submitted our applications?

Thanks

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I transfered my degree from physics to economics since i enjoy economics and warwick are incredibly good for economics plus it isnt as hard as physics 😅 but i was wondering would that put me at a disadvantage if im applying for S&T places since economics isnt as mathematical as physics?
Original post by Killer910
I transfered my degree from physics to economics since i enjoy economics and warwick are incredibly good for economics plus it isnt as hard as physics 😅 but i was wondering would that put me at a disadvantage if im applying for S&T places since economics isnt as mathematical as physics?

No, unless you really want to do quant stuff. Even still, I met a girl who did econ on a structured derivs desk once, which is quite a quant desk. For most desks, it matters not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
No, unless you really want to do quant stuff. Even still, I met a girl who did econ on a structured derivs desk once, which is quite a quant desk. For most desks, it matters not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aright makes sense for sales and trading economics would be fine and im assuming economics at warwick is very maths heavy which is what people have been telling me
Original post by Killer910
Aright makes sense for sales and trading economics would be fine and im assuming economics at warwick is very maths heavy which is what people have been telling me

Just look at the modules man, they should give you a general gist on the ratio of Maths:colone:ssays. Generally speaking, Econ at the top unis is quite maths heavy.

You're lucky to be at Warwick, they're absolutely killing it with banking numbers right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just look at the modules man, they should give you a general gist on the ratio of Maths:colone:ssays. Generally speaking, Econ at the top unis is quite maths heavy.

You're lucky to be at Warwick, they're absolutely killing it with banking numbers right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes we are we have a very strong finance society and IBs seem to love Warwick. And yeah economics at top unis like Oxbridge Warwick and LSE is probably very maths heavy looking forward to start doi econ 😁
So, today my departmental office emailed this to us:

"To Whom This May Concern,

We would like to invite your students to attend our Goldman Sachs office in London to participate in a Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) event (below) which will provide an insight into our division. There are also opportunities for students to apply to courses in summer internships, one year work placements and full time analysts.

The event email below provides the detail for applicants to attend the CSRE insight event at our London Goldman Sachs offices. Can you please distribute to your students.

The attached flyer introduces the division and the experiences which we can offer to interns. We look forward to hearing from them before the application deadlines:
· 22 October for CSRE insight event at Goldman Sachs offices (deadline for applying, 11 October)
· 1 November for Full Time Analyst
· 7 December for Summer Internships
· 3 January for One Year Work Placements.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. "

Anyone applying to the scheme who would like to share his/her thoughts (as generic as this sounds :P)?
(edited 8 years ago)
Still waiting man, should be sometime soon as they've started their recruitment drive already.

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah me neither, really annoying that they haven't got back to us - would take sooooo much pressure off!
Original post by *Stefan*
So, today my departmental office emailed this to us:

"To Whom This May Concern,

We would like to invite your students to attend our Goldman Sachs office in London to participate in a Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) event (below) which will provide an insight into our division. There are also opportunities for students to apply to courses in summer internships, one year work placements and full time analysts.

The event email below provides the detail for applicants to attend the CSRE insight event at our London Goldman Sachs offices. Can you please distribute to your students.

The attached flyer introduces the division and the experiences which we can offer to interns. We look forward to hearing from them before the application deadlines:
· 22 October for CSRE insight event at Goldman Sachs offices (deadline for applying, 11 October)
· 1 November for Full Time Analyst
· 7 December for Summer Internships
· 3 January for One Year Work Placements.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. "

Anyone applying to the scheme who would like to share his/her thoughts (as generic as this sounds :P)?

What uni are you at? What dept?
Original post by jchap9776
What uni are you at? What dept?

Law at Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I legitimately just found out about Spring Week today, and wanted to ask you guys if anyone knows when it will actually occur if we get in? Early January or March-April? Thanks!

Fair play - looks like a ****ing good dept!
Original post by dagonx321
Hey guys, I legitimately just found out about Spring Week today, and wanted to ask you guys if anyone knows when it will actually occur if we get in? Early January or March-April? Thanks!

End of march to mid Apr
For the psychometric tests, do they take into account how fast you do it? Or just the % of questions you get it right?
Original post by makrxx
For the psychometric tests, do they take into account how fast you do it? Or just the % of questions you get it right?

They do. Accuracy + speed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, need some advice on whether to join a finance modelling workshop! Will it help me with spring week application in some way? Thanks!!
Original post by makrxx

They do. Accuracy + speed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can't really quantify it tbh.... someone who gets 95% in 20 minutes will always be favoured over someone that got 90% in 15 minutes. They always look at the overall mark first, and then if people have same/similar marks, then they take it into account.

Though to be honest, they don't look at online tests as a way of determining if you are suitable for the internship, it's just to ensure that you meet the minimum required standard.
Does anyone know if BAML will continue doing the Summer Insight Program in 2016?
Original post by 360master
They can't really quantify it tbh.... someone who gets 95% in 20 minutes will always be favoured over someone that got 90% in 15 minutes. They always look at the overall mark first, and then if people have same/similar marks, then they take it into account.

Though to be honest, they don't look at online tests as a way of determining if you are suitable for the internship, it's just to ensure that you meet the minimum required standard.

Thanks for the replies.

And anyone knows what is the minimum % banks require you to get?

Latest

Trending

Trending