The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Csm fashion communication 2016

I just wanted to start this thread, for people looking to apply to CSM (BA) Fashion Communication for entry in 2016.

There are three pathways :

Fashion Journalism
Fashion Communication and Promotion
Fashion History and Theory

This will be just a place to share information/advice talk about open days, applications, and portfolios/entry requirements ect. I know it is so competitive (20 places on each pathway) apparently.

Good Luck everyone :smile:

I spent my summer bulking my application and portfolio with LOTS of work experience and editorial work.

Scroll to see replies

I am interested in applying for csm fashion communication next year but want to ask if you did the art foundation? I did a foundation in ual but didn't get into fcp so I might try again if I don't like the course I got into right now which is - creative direction at LCF .
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
I'm planning on applying to fashion communication & promotion strand! which strand are you going for?
i'm dead worried tbh as i don't have access to many fashion-based resources where i live for work experience or my foundation course :s-smilie: what kind of editorial work did you do alastair98 ?
Reply 3
im also planning on applying to fashion communication and promotion, I tried to get into the open day but its fully booked, it seems like a crazy amount of people really want to go to csm
Original post by adams1997
im also planning on applying to fashion communication and promotion, I tried to get into the open day but its fully booked, it seems like a crazy amount of people really want to go to csm

yeah ual seems like that in general, i was shocked when i look at LCF and there are very few open days left and only for a select few courses :/// i wanted to check out their art direction for fashion course but eh idk what to do
Hi i'm a student from outside of uk/eu, i'm also wondering about the entry criteria since they seemed very broad. quite interested in fashion communication and promotion pathway as well :smile: but, i'm quite perplexed in applying to csm, since some of my friends have heard gossips from their older siblings.
Reply 6
Original post by shaztrange
Hi i'm a student from outside of uk/eu, i'm also wondering about the entry criteria since they seemed very broad. quite interested in fashion communication and promotion pathway as well :smile: but, i'm quite perplexed in applying to csm, since some of my friends have heard gossips from their older siblings.

I think the entry requirements are quite broad because it mostly depends on your portfolio, what kindve gossip have they heard?
I think the entry requirements are quite broad because it mostly depends on your portfolio, what kindve gossip have they heard?

They said it can get quite rough in the fashion programmes? especially in the design of womenswear. Portfolios, laptops and projects can get stolen- literally. Even though i don't think its legitimate, its not that comforting to hear
Reply 8
They said it can get quite rough in the fashion programmes? especially in the design of womenswear. Portfolios, laptops and projects can get stolen- literally. Even though i don't think its legitimate, its not that comforting to hear

That doesn't sound good at all if its true. The applicants offer percentage last year was 4% so I'm not too set on csm, is it the only uni you want to go to in the UK?
That doesn't sound good at all if its true. The applicants offer percentage last year was 4% so I'm not too set on csm, is it the only uni you want to go to in the UK?

Nope, I'm also considering Middlesex, Leeds and Glasgow
Nope, I'm also considering Middlesex, Leeds and Glasgow

are you going to the middlesex open day next weekend? :-)
are you going to the middlesex open day next weekend? :-)

I wish I could!
Hello everyone! Can you please fill my survey about luxury fashion stores and music? It is part of my LCF BA Fashion Management project and it takes only seconds! Thank you:smile: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PLMPQY7
Reply 13
Is the foundation course required to get in? Or can I apply directly without the foundation? I've heard about people getting offers without doing the foundation
Original post by mitjaole
Is the foundation course required to get in? Or can I apply directly without the foundation? I've heard about people getting offers without doing the foundation
sometimes universities ask you to come back in a year once you've completed a foundation but theres no harm in applying straight from a-levels anyway
20 places on each pathway!!!??? I've applied for fashion comm: fashion journalism at CSM and was counting on my passionate and outgoing personality to see me through an interview :ahhhhh::ahhhhh::ahhhhh::ahhhhh::ahhhhh::ahhhhh:
Reply 16
any news from fashion communication and promotion applicants? :smile:
Reply 17
hello everybody
i've applied for fashion communication and promotion as well but haven't heard anything yet...
what are your other choices? have you got any offers yet?
Reply 18
I haven't heard from them too, but I'm applying for 2nd year entry.

No offers so far, but I sent out mini portfolios recently (LCC and ECA) and got interview in LCC next week :smile: what about you?
Reply 19
congratulations on your interview! :smile:

i've also applied to lcf (sent them my mini portfolio a month ago) and ravensbourne (haven't heard from them). i've got offers from middlesex and nottingham trent but still hoping to hear good news from lcf or csm :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending