The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hp707
Say i got a D in Chem 1, i resat it last year and got a D and im resitting it again this year (gap year) do I need to enter the resit as well even though the grade is the same? And I retook chem2 and went from a U to an A, do i have to include the U as well? Thanks

Every time you were awarded a certified AS or A level you need to list it in your application with the modules associated with that certified qualification.

This is explained very clearly in the OP and in the UCAS blog linked to in the OP
Original post by PQ
Every time you were awarded a certified AS or A level you need to list it in your application with the modules associated with that certified qualification.

This is explained very clearly in the OP and in the UCAS blog linked to in the OP

I hope you've got this saved so you only need to paste it in. I'm going on strike. If they can't or won't read the first post, I'm not answering.
I forgot to write that I am planning to resit some modules and I already sent my application. I honestly didn't know you have to write it down should I inform the UNI or should I just act dumb about it?
Original post by koolgurl14
I forgot to write that I am planning to resit some modules and I already sent my application. I honestly didn't know you have to write it down should I inform the UNI or should I just act dumb about it?
You must tell the unis and UCAS of your resit plans once they are confirmed. If you don't, (a) you are not meeting the terms and conditions under which you submitted your application, and (b) you will have problems on Results Day because neither UCAS nor the unis will be able to reconcile the results they receive with your application.
Original post by Minerva
You must tell the unis and UCAS of your resit plans once they are confirmed. If you don't, (a) you are not meeting the terms and conditions under which you submitted your application, and (b) you will have problems on Results Day because neither UCAS nor the unis will be able to reconcile the results they receive with your application.

So what is the best thing I could do now since my application is already sent?
To be honest I only planned to resit after I already sent my application.
Original post by koolgurl14
So what is the best thing I could do now since my application is already sent?
To be honest I only planned to resit after I already sent my application.
That's fine - lots of people decide after they've sent their application. As long as you make sure UCAS and all your unis have the resit information, it'll be fine and no-one will ask why you didn't tell them before.
Thanks guys, made the section a lot more easier to complete. Just a bit of embarrassing that they'll see my 3 maths gcse resits with the same c grades...
Hello,
My school sent off my UCAS application yesterday and I was just looking through my application on track and it says that for GCSE maths I was awarded the qualification on exam board 'C+G'? When actually it was Edexcel?
I have no idea how this happened? And i've been googling "C+G" and I don't think it even exists?
I've emailed UCAS, but I don't know what to do, i'm worried that my application is going to have to be withdrawn?

Thanks
Original post by hazeydaisy
Hello,
My school sent off my UCAS application yesterday and I was just looking through my application on track and it says that for GCSE maths I was awarded the qualification on exam board 'C+G'? When actually it was Edexcel?
I have no idea how this happened? And i've been googling "C+G" and I don't think it even exists?
I've emailed UCAS, but I don't know what to do, i'm worried that my application is going to have to be withdrawn?

Thanks
Of course it won't - this is a very minor problem. You need to check with your UCAS co-ordinator at School what's happened here, as they are supposed to check the details on your application before submitting it. If there is an error that needs correction, it's a very easy matter to do it by emailing the details to [email protected] and then to your uni choices. But check with your UCAS co-ordinator first.
I have a further mathematics level 2 certificate however further mathematics doesn't come under the list, would I have to use other to put further mathematics in?
Original post by Vikingninja
I have a further mathematics level 2 certificate however further mathematics doesn't come under the list, would I have to use other to put further mathematics in?

Yes, type it in.
I want to resit couple modules in AS how do i put that on UCAS and do i have to put the module details in???
should I declare an E in maths AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cutelady
should I declare an E in maths AS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you have to.
I'm just going to paste in this link again for all those who can't be bothered to go to the first post and read it. All the answers are in there.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538633&p=58794261#post58794261
I'm a little shocked at how many people clearly haven't read the OP. It makes me wonder... if they can't read an important (and helpful, thanks TSR!) post about entering qualifications how are they supposed to deal with University reading lists?
Reply 176
So worried.

My school is extremely strange, in that it predicted all of us this year one grade under what we actually got - so instead of A*, A, C - I was predicated - A, B, D.

I haven't sent my application off, but despite literally my entire year group complaining - they won't change anyones.

Most of my schools are BBB, but I doubt they'll accept me once they see the D instead of a C.
Original post by sandwad
So worried.

My school is extremely strange, in that it predicted all of us this year one grade under what we actually got - so instead of A*, A, C - I was predicated - A, B, D.

I haven't sent my application off, but despite literally my entire year group complaining - they won't change anyones.

Most of my schools are BBB, but I doubt they'll accept me once they see the D instead of a C.

If that is the school policy ask them if they can explain that in the first line of the reference. If it's clear your prediction is a grade lower than your AS then universities may be still willing to make you an offer.

HOWEVER if you're expecting to get A*AC and applying for BBB offer universities PLEASE make sure you have at least one good insurance choice that you like and would be happy to go to (and ideally that offers guaranteed accommodation to insurance students). Technically a university can reject you if you get A*A*C for a BBB offer and if that happens (unlikely in many cases but possible) you need to be sure you have a good fallback position.
Original post by sandwad
So worried.

I am confused as to how you got A* at AS.
Reply 179
Original post by sandwad
So worried.

so if someone got 3 solids A's, they'd get bbb?? then again, universities will see your actual grades too which are great, not just the predictions and that will put you in a good position to receive offers . A2's are harder and despite all the success stories I've seen on here, its quite common that people either stay the same or go down a grade and Im sure all uni's know this. If anything, it makes a change from them seeing over-inflated predictions made by sixth form/ colleges which makes uni's more suspicious.

In other words, you don't need to worry!

Latest