The Student Room Group

Personal statement 3,100 characters should I submit?

I feel everything is done but I did 3k1 characters
Will it subsequently be too vague?
Reply 1
Original post by AK 12

Have you tried seeing if it fits into UCAS? If it is over the limit,, they will cut it off (I can't remember what the limit is). If it fits, then that's fine - I went right up to the limit, submitted, and got 4 offers.
Reply 2
Original post by AK 12

Is this 3.1K on UCAS or on word? 900 characters in enough for another paragraph so I woudl wait a bit to see if you can come up with anything. I did 3975 characters.
Original post by AK 12

If you feel you've written all you can, then leave it as it is.

Although, are you sure you can't talk more about your interest in whatever you're applying for? It would be better to use up those characters.
Reply 4
Original post by Airmed
Have you tried seeing if it fits into UCAS? If it is over the limit,, they will cut it off (I can't remember what the limit is). If it fits, then that's fine - I went right up to the limit, submitted, and got 4 offers.

What?
Reply 5
Original post by AK 12
What?

You can copy and paste your personal statement into UCAS to see if it does not go over the character limit. Have you done that?
Original post by Airmed
You can copy and paste your personal statement into UCAS to see if it does not go over the character limit. Have you done that?

He said he's written 3100 characters which is under the limit of 4000 characters
Reply 7
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
He said he's written 3100 characters which is under the limit of 4000 characters

Is 4000 the limit? Ah, I forgot. Then if I was him, I would add another paragraph or so.
Generally, the line limit is the one that you have to focus on more than the character limit, as that is normally reached first, particularly if you put in blank lines, which is recommended. 3100 characters does seem a bit short though ~3500 characters is better
The best applications are those that are better quality and not quantity. 3,000 characters could do the same as a 4,000 character personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending