The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

2016 Offers

Has anyone got any offers back for Huddersfield yet?
mine goes off on Monday, applying for Biology and Medical Biology

Scroll to see replies

I sent mine off on Tuesday and haven't even got an acknowledgement email from 2 of my choices yet! I'm applying for physics by the way. Where did you apply?:smile:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Applied on wednesday, got offer thursday morning for history 300 UCAS points
Just received an email saying I am about to receive an offer so just waiting for track to update (does anyone know how long this takes?) it's for criminology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah i've got an offer pretty much straight away, wish all uni's got back so quickly :frown:
Reply 5
Got an offer for Computing Science the day after submitting my application!

Still waiting on the other universities though. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Huddersfield were quite quick with getting back within the next day. I think they started rolling the offers out towards end of Nov - Dec.
Reply 7
My daughter got an offer within 5 days of applying, the first business day after Christmas break. Costume with Textiles.
Original post by Jory
Applied on wednesday, got offer thursday morning for history 300 UCAS points

Me too, I applied on the 13th and got an offer on the 14th for Economics and Politics!!
Reply 9
Original post by freemarketeer
Me too, I applied on the 13th and got an offer on the 14th for Economics and Politics!!

The admissions tutor for history and politics was extremely nice, he said if i emailed them i could change my degree to a dual honours if i wanted to
I was given an unconditional International Politics offer within a day.

I'm slightly worried by that. Ideally won't be my only offer...
Reply 11
I've had a letter to attend an interview on the 8th February, I'm doing Teacher Training (Lifelong Learning) CertEd in-service anyone else attending the interview?
I have an unconditional offer on counselling with mentoring skills at hudds. They got back to me within a few days 😊
Reply 13
I added my fifth option on the 26 JAN afternoon ( after exchanging few emails with the admission tutor). got my unconditional offer to do Chemical Engineering next day. funny thing is got the offer on UCAS even before receiving an email from uni telling me i'll get an offer lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Does huddersfield take time in deciding for international applicants?
Because i applied on 14th january 2016 just the day before deadline to the uni in computer science. I still havent got a reply from them other than the acknowledgement letter.
Original post by hamd1786
Does huddersfield take time in deciding for international applicants?
Because i applied on 14th january 2016 just the day before deadline to the uni in computer science. I still havent got a reply from them other than the acknowledgement letter.

I don't think so, I applied 2 weeks before Christmas for primary ed and they got back to me last Friday. I think they just take their time with certain courses also because you applied just before the deadline, you'll be compared to loads of others but you'll be fine
Reply 16
I hope i get a reply from huddersfield, because i got a reply within 10 days(25 january) from leeds but i cant go there its way out my budget.
I hope i get a reply from huddersfield, because i got a reply within 10 days(25 january) from leeds but i cant go there its way out my budget.

you'll be fine hopefully

What course? I'd have thought Leeds would be the obvious choice - it's a great uni, and I'd try not to let finances get in the way of a decision like that.

Does your budget include student loan and some part-time work? From experience as a student, you can survive on £4-5k a year... Student maintenance loan itself is like £5k.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
My parents alotted me 20k per year, other than that i am on my own. Leeds international student fee for computer science is alone 19k.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending