The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got rejected by St Hilda's for English... Good luck everyone still waiting! :smile:
Original post by Mld120
Got rejected by St Hilda's for English... Good luck everyone still waiting! :smile:

Sorry to hear that. Do they give feedback, or is it just the notification?
Original post by antigone-
Yeah my friend heard back yesterday!

Did they get it?
Anyone hear back from Balliol for History?
Original post by itsConnor_
I have interviews at Brasenose for chemistry on the 15th-16th of December. Should I stay the night before? Is this an option? :smile:

If you check out the interview reply form (there's a link in the interview invitation email), it gives candidates the option to stay overnight before the first interview.

Brasenose Admissions
Original post by nhabib3
How do they evaluate people in this university?! my friend doesnt even meet the minimal requirements and he got an interview, whilst people who have 9a*'s and AAA's are getting rejected!! wt the hell the stress!!

The aptitude test is not the be all and end all but it certainly matters - especially in deciding who gets an interview.
Anyone heard back from Univ yet??
Anyone heard anything for geography?
Got rejected from E&M. From christ church after all the waiting and s***
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by geegregory
Anyone heard anything for geography?

Spoiler

Original post by Jamesmeg3
Did they get it?

Yeah! :smile:
I am writing in connection with your application to Christ Church, Oxford, to let you know that the tutors here have had the opportunity to consider your application carefully and we have now completed the first stages of the selection process. Unfortunately, in view of the overall competition for places this year, and after consultation with other colleges, it has been decided not to interview you.
In the light of this decision, I am sorry to have to tell you that we shall not be able to offer you a place at Oxford and that your application is no longer under consideration by Christ Church or any of the other Oxford colleges. I do realise how disappointing this will be for you, and I am sorry not to have better news regarding your application. I hope, however, that you will be successful in gaining admission to another university and wish you well in your future studies. Yours sincerely Prof J SchearTutor for Admissions
Just got an interview for E&M at Christchurch!! Over the moon :smile:))))
Original post by nhabib3
I am writing in connection with your application to Christ Church, Oxford, to let you know that the tutors here have had the opportunity to consider your application carefully and we have now completed the first stages of the selection process. Unfortunately, in view of the overall competition for places this year, and after consultation with other colleges, it has been decided not to interview you.
In the light of this decision, I am sorry to have to tell you that we shall not be able to offer you a place at Oxford and that your application is no longer under consideration by Christ Church or any of the other Oxford colleges. I do realise how disappointing this will be for you, and I am sorry not to have better news regarding your application. I hope, however, that you will be successful in gaining admission to another university and wish you well in your future studies. Yours sincerely Prof J SchearTutor for Admissions

What are your plans now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nhabib3

Unlucky my friend. When did they send you this? And did they update your ucas?
Oh my goodness, just look at the **** in our stalking page :angry:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10VudSVlk7HQD5ujZo6ZPL6pWQCahoPUFS9HwEtW5ARI/edit
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tehtarik
What are your plans now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, Lse for economics and history i guess..
or st andrews. To be honest its just a sense of calmness that I feel right now. Im devastated but relieved
Original post by itsConnor_
Any PPE interview invitations from Trinity? :smile:

Hey fellow Trinity applicant. I am still waiting for my E&M email so I guess Trinity is taking it's time with the economics courses?
[QUOTE="hermionegrangcr;60905159"]I my goodness, just look at the **** in our stalking page :angry:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10VudSVlk7HQD5ujZo6ZPL6pWQCahoPUFS9HwEtW5ARI/edit[/QUOTE]

It's lovely to finally see some other West Herts College applicants! :tongue:
Original post by hermionegrangcr

LOL West Herts College is clearly super-oversubscribed this year.

Latest

Trending

Trending