The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Aph
just waiting for dundee now, been over a month. not sure if I will actually take their offer if I got it because it is quite far from me now and although Scotland seems great I don't know how I could get up there to look round because its so expencive getting a room in a hotel

It's been over a month? Offers seem to be so slow this year from Dundee, but I think I know why...they are restructuring the schools currently, it's taking longer than they thought. But I'd not worry - you knew that I didn't go to see Dundee when I got my offer but I ended up coming here, and I love it.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 41
Original post by Airmed
It's been over a month? Offers seem to be so slow this year from Dundee, but I think I know why...they are restructuring the schools currently, it's taking longer than they thought. But I'd not worry - you knew that I didn't go to see Dundee when I got my offer but I ended up coming here, and I love it.

yeah, I got my warwick offer a month ago and that was 9 days after I applied. and I know, I'm just going to get to see everywhere else which statistically have better courses so to even consider dundee it feels like I'd need to go there and fall in love with the place because otherwise its a massive leap into the unknown for what seems to be a tiny reward.
I've actually been offered by Dundee for MA Politics (Hons) - BBB at A-Level. I'm from Nottinghamshire, so perhaps the offer was made on a regional basis.
Very happy as Dundee is a potential first choice, just need to see what Aberdeen come back with.
Best of luck everyone!
Reply 43
Original post by Curlymanjaro
I've actually been offered by Dundee for MA Politics (Hons) - BBB at A-Level. I'm from Nottinghamshire, so perhaps the offer was made on a regional basis.
Very happy as Dundee is a potential first choice, just need to see what Aberdeen come back with.
Best of luck everyone!

Well done! I am a direct entry to level 2 Politics student here at Dundee, and so far I am really enjoying the course.
Original post by Airmed
Well done! I am a direct entry to level 2 Politics student here at Dundee, and so far I am really enjoying the course.

Why thank you, loved everything about it when I visited back in September. How are the work experience opportunities for the course?
I was a Linguistics and English 2nd year student at Edinburgh until October, I'm applying for European Studies with European Languages and also have applied for English and French here. Dundee is my home town! But I forgot to do the template thing.
Name: Chris, duh
Course: European Studies with European Languages/English and French
GCSEs: Well Standard Grades and Intermediates...111222AA
AS grades: AAAAAA
A2 subjects: AC (history and English)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hattiemcbinky
Hey guys! :h:

Name: Heather
Course: Social Work
Scottish Highers: AABBCC (French, History, Administration, Modern Studies, Drama and English)
Scottish Advanced Highers: AB (French and History)

I was at the University of Aberdeen for two years studying French but decided to change route as I fell out of love with the subject! :s-smilie: Just need to crack on with my personal statement and get some relevant work experience/volunteering under my belt!

Nice to see there's someone else like me who dropped out after 2nd year! :P
Reply 47
Name: Sarah
Course: English
Scottish Highers: AAB (English, Geography and History) and expected AA (Mods, Politics)
Scottish Advanced Highers: AB (English, Art)

Hey guys! Just got my incredibly kind offer today for MA English- to pass an online module during summer or get a B in either of my Highers.
Name: Patrick
Course: User Experience Design MSc

Hey there,

I'll start my postgraduate studies at Dundee University in September 2016. I've no idea about GCSEs, AS or A2 as I'm originally from Germany and we have a fairly different grading system here. However, it's great to see that Brits seem to love abbreviations as much as Germans do. ;-)
Has anybody heard anything from Dundee? I sent in my application on September 22, and have only gotten an acknowledgement email and two fee status emails. Has anybody got an offer yet?
Reply 50
Original post by Tessie Ericsson
Has anybody heard anything from Dundee? I sent in my application on September 22, and have only gotten an acknowledgement email and two fee status emails. Has anybody got an offer yet?

It's coming up to the 15th January now so offers will be coming thick and fast after that. :h: A few on this thread have offers back already from Dundee but it really does depend on your course.
Original post by Airmed
It's coming up to the 15th January now so offers will be coming thick and fast after that. :h: A few on this thread have offers back already from Dundee but it really does depend on your course.

Phew, 'cause my patience is wearing thin. I just hope I don't have to wait until April/May like I've seen some people had to do when I read the applicant threads for 2015, 2014 and 2013. :smile:
Phew, 'cause my patience is wearing thin. I just hope I don't have to wait until April/May like I've seen some people had to do when I read the applicant threads for 2015, 2014 and 2013. :smile:

Hahahaha you're losing your cool :wink:
I've applied for English and Film Studies! :smile:
Reply 54

That does happen. I had to wait until late March for offers from York and St Andrews last year. It all depends.
Reply 55
Original post by radiohead97
I've applied for English and Film Studies! :smile:

I just finished a compulsory First Year Film Studies module. Oh no. Never again. But the English modules, especially the second year ones, look amazing, I wish I had chosen one instead of the FS one.

(I'm a second year Politics student, btw. :h:)
Hahahaha you're losing your cool :wink:

Hahaha am I that transparent? Had a dream last night that I didn't get in and had to go to Portsmous and I was drowning in dept! Oh well :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Airmed
I just finished a compulsory First Year Film Studies module. Oh no. Never again. But the English modules, especially the second year ones, look amazing, I wish I had chosen one instead of the FS one.

(I'm a second year Politics student, btw. :h:)

Hahaha what put you off? And why was it compulsory :s-smilie:
Original post by Airmed
That does happen. I had to wait until late March for offers from York and St Andrews last year. It all depends.

Understandable though. Especially since Dundee wants to wait until after the deadline to give out offers.
Reply 59
Hahaha what put you off? And why was it compulsory :s-smilie:

It is compulsory for all first year Film Studies students. I just took it because I needed the credits for semester one, I thought it would be interesting, and since I am a Direct Entry to Year 2 student I don't have the pre reqs required for many Year 2 modules. I just found it badly taught to be bluntly honest. You watch movies twice a week, there is only 1 lecture per week (usually there is 2) and then the seminar is 2 hours long.

Understandable though. Especially since Dundee wants to wait until after the deadline to give out offers.

Exactly! So a little patience and soon you'll find out :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending