The Student Room Group

Struggling with bereavement

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
What I wouldn't give to have the grades to apply to St. Andrews! Nah I'm really happy with my choices actually considering a year ago when I was 3 months in to my year 12 repeat after having got EEUU :redface:

I applied to Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Cardiff (x2) and Swansea. I've firmed Cardiff and insured Aberystwyth :smile: Have you got any offers?

I got conditional ones from UCLan and Leeds. I think if I get offers from St. Andrews it would be my personal statement saving the day. (I was really proud of mine; it is my salvation, I think :tongue:.)(Could salvation be used in that context? I'm not sure.)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Aww <3 that's so sweet I'm glad you survived

I was studying Chemistry :smile:

What are you hoping to do?

:smile: Thanks, so am I :tongue:

Social Analytics & Politics or International Politics & Intelligence Studies :smile: Not sure if I want to go into Politics (most likely) or the Intelligence Service :smile:
Original post by XcitingStuart
I got conditional ones from UCLan and Leeds. I think if I get offers from St. Andrews it would be my personal statement saving the day. (I was really proud of mine; it is my salvation, I think :tongue:.)(Could salvation be used in that context? I don't know.)

Congrats! :smile: Will St. Andrews be your firm?
(edited 8 years ago)

Social Analytics & Politics or International Politics & Intelligence Studies :smile: Not sure if I want to go into Politics (most likely) or the Intelligence Service :smile:

Well, whatever you want to do I wish you the best in it :smile:

I hope you get what you need :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Well, whatever you want to do I wish you the best in it :smile:

I hope you get what you need :smile:

Thank you, and the best of luck to you too. I hope you get everything sorted :smile:

(I probably should know but) I'm not familiar with the term "firm" in this context, sorry.
Can you clarify? (I can make guesses from context.)
(I probably should know but) I'm not familiar with the term "firm" in this context, sorry.
Can you clarify? (I can make guesses from context.)

Firm university... as in first choice on UCAS, your insurance being your second choice :smile:
Firm university... as in first choice on UCAS, your insurance being your second choice :smile:

Yeah. St. Andrews seems really good for me.
The others are just to keep my options open, nothing more.
(Quite set on that place.)
Yeah. St. Andrews seems really good for me.
The others are just to keep my options open, nothing more.
(Quite set on that place.)

Fingers crossed then! :biggrin: St. Andrews is sooooo pretty *sighs wistfully*

... but I'll get to learn Welsh :tongue:
Fingers crossed then! :biggrin: St. Andrews is sooooo pretty *sighs wistfully*

... but I'll get to learn Welsh :tongue:

:smile: That's the best reason I've heard.
:smile: That's the best reason I've heard.

hehe :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest