The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JPencil
Why is it taking so long to receive an offer?? Bristol have had my application about three weeks! I had the "we're still considering your application" email about a week ago...
I'm getting quite nervous because I really want Bristol as my insurance! (Maths applicant btw)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Been waiting since 9th October here
Though my case is justified because I didn't turn up for visit day/interview lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 721
Original post by JPencil
Why is it taking so long to receive an offer?? Bristol have had my application about three weeks! I had the "we're still considering your application" email about a week ago...
I'm getting quite nervous because I really want Bristol as my insurance! (Maths applicant btw)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's interesting, my friend got an offer for maths recently, although he's REALLY good at maths. I applied twice, got my physics offer, waiting for a response for maths, It is just because of what was said in the email - there's a lot of high quality applicants this year so it takes a long time to go through them all. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Princepieman
Bro, I've been waiting for 2 months. You could end up waiting much longer than that as they have until April next year to respond.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Has anyone got an offer for CompSci though from Bristol?
I haven't heard anyone get one..:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy

Posted from TSR Mobile

A couple of people who applied before the Oxbridge deadline were invited to visit days and subsequently had offers.

Kinda sucks because I applied in September lol.
Do Bristol send an acknowledgement email?
Original post by Economistician
Do Bristol send an acknowledgement email?

They do. But had to wait a week or two

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 726
Is anyone else attending a Visit Day on the 9th? I got an offer for a Civil Engineering on Friday!
Reply 727
I am ... starts around 1145 right? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any offers for mechanical engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received an offer earlier this month for Maths and Computer Science, and I read others have received offers as well.
Reply 730
Anyone received an offer for Biology yet?
Reply 731
Got an offer for Electrical and Electronic Engineering after the visit day on the 25th Nov, AAA. :smile:
Original post by NamelessPersona
I received an offer earlier this month for Maths and Computer Science, and I read others have received offers as well.

Oh right:redface::erm:
:erm:
Fantastic....:rolleyes:
Reply 733
Anyone else applied for Veterinary Nursing and BioVeterinary Science?
I applied just over 3 weeks ago and not heard anything back as of yet!
Also just curious, where is Bristol in terms of everyone choice order (firm/insurance?)
Good luck to everyone that has applied!
Reply 734
Original post by auroraborealice
Hey :smile:

Alicia
Liverpool
AS/A2 subjects: Biology, Geography, Psychology, English Literature (dropping)
Course applying for: Zoology!

Hey! :smile:
I'm applying for the same course as you, just wondering if you'd had an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have one. Hang in there I'm sure you'll get one :smile:
Original post by gibbooo
Hey! :smile:
I'm applying for the same course as you, just wondering if you'd had an offer yet?

Hey :smile: Nope, and Bristol would be my first choice by far :frown:. They sent me the email that a few people have had saying "we are still considering your application but are not yet able to make a decision". My friend got rejected for Zoology unfortunately, and she applied after me so I suppose no news is good news? What about you? :biggrin:
Reply 737
Hey :smile: Nope, and Bristol would be my first choice by far :frown:. They sent me the email that a few people have had saying "we are still considering your application but are not yet able to make a decision". My friend got rejected for Zoology unfortunately, and she applied after me so I suppose no news is good news? What about you? :biggrin:

Bristol is my first choice too! :smile:
Yeah I've had that email too, looks like we're all playing the waiting game haha!
Oh God I'm praying that I don't get a rejection but you say lets hope no news is good news! :biggrin:
Well good luck, hope you get an offer soon!!!
Reply 738

Hey I'm also applying for zoology. I sent my application of over a month ago and no reply yet either :frown: why did your friend get rejected?
Original post by gibbooo
Bristol is my first choice too! :smile:
Yeah I've had that email too, looks like we're all playing the waiting game haha!
Oh God I'm praying that I don't get a rejection but you say lets hope no news is good news! :biggrin:
Well good luck, hope you get an offer soon!!!

Haha thank you, I hope you do too! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending