The Student Room Group

University applicants 2016 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
Lool don't panic , if your uni has requirements of i.e. AAB-BBB and that's what your predicted then yes you have a chance :smile: but don't most Russel groups that do engineering ask for A*AA-AAA?
Original post by sho89
Lool don't panic , if your uni has requirements of i.e. AAB-BBB and that's what your predicted then yes you have a chance :smile: but don't most Russel groups that do engineering ask for A*AA-AAA?

My predicted is AAA cause i was ill for a while last year and my school expects more this year so they elaborated on that for my referance. All the requirements for what i applied for are AAB (i was forced to apply for Beng) but still...

I'm just curious to see if there's anyone who actually got offers for civil/general/mechanical engineering that doesn't have amazing AS grades. Maybe by some stroke of luck I'll get into at least one of my 5
Reply 2582
Original post by Lawliettt
My predicted is AAA cause i was ill for a while last year and my school expects more this year so they elaborated on that for my referance. All the requirements for what i applied for are AAB (i was forced to apply for Beng) but still...

I'm just curious to see if there's anyone who actually got offers for civil/general/mechanical engineering that doesn't have amazing AS grades. Maybe by some stroke of luck I'll get into at least one of my 5

Oh I see, hope your better now!
I think your fine , you should look into last year's engineering thread and see what people got , also call admissions but if I'm honest most people applying for engineering to get into a Russel group will most likely have a minimum of 4B's at AS but considering your health I'm sure there will be some leniency :smile: if you can push to get AAA-AAB and if you have an solid personal statement then you should be fine :smile:
Original post by Skill Twix
According to the rankings,Edinburgh is better.
But it depends(as rankings don't matter much tbh).
Would you love living in London etc.? Look at the course modules etc.

thanks for your comment!
Do u think it's is more expensive to do a 4 years course in edinburgh than 3 years in london?
Original post by Katie Bui
thanks for your comment!
Do u think it's is more expensive to do a 4 years course in edinburgh than 3 years in london?

It really depends.London is pretty expensive in terms of food,transport etc. in comparison to Edinburgh. Plus the accommodation prices in London are sky high in comparison to other cities. Take into account everything. The location,course modules,expenses etc.
@Princepieman should help you out with this
Hi guys. Any idea how Kings adjustment is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by larademets
Are you an international/home student?

International.
Anyone know if there's a time scale they can reject you in after a nursing interview? Mines been nearly 4 weeks now and it still says considering, probably just being impatient
Original post by iallhalocin
International.

Ah, congratulations on your offer :biggrin:
Anyone got an offer for languages?
Reply 2590
Original post by Atomicmat
Anyone got an offer for languages?

Got offers from Exeter, Manchester, SOAS and Westminster for Arabic
Finally sent my application off today :smile:

Applied for Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Sciences

Applied at Brighton, Hertfordshire, Kingston, Queen Mary and Greenwich.

Just nervously waiting for offers now 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
I no longer have to worry about UCAS until next year. :colondollar:

Offers from St Andrews, Surrey, and Nottingham for Physics. Still waiting for Durham but I've got the one I wanted.
(edited 8 years ago)
I need help with my predicted grades.I am predicted a B in Art, a Distinction in Health and Social care however my english teacher is predicting me a D which is way below what the entry requirements of BBB (for the uni I want to go to). I have emailed the uni asking if predicted grades of Distinction,B and C(in english) is ok and they replied saying that they would consider my application. How am I supposed to persuade my english teacher to change my predicted grade from a D to a C (bearing in mind that I am re taking my course work). Thanks x
Hi guys
I got a rejection from kings
However it doesn't show up on track and still has the substitute this uni option. So can i change kings to another uni ??
Original post by saran12
Hi guys
I got a rejection from kings
However it doesn't show up on track and still has the substitute this uni option. So can i change kings to another uni ??

you could, if it's possibile, and just say you never check your email but decided you didn't want to go to kinds if ucas find out however you really shouldn't as they could **** you over big time. Some humans are right douchebags, this admission tutor can chase you to the end of the earth if you are unlucky lol.

I got offer from Edinburgh and KCL for maths, and i dont know which one to go for, can anyone help me with this???
The main thing is I dont know why Edinburgh only ask for ABB while it said on their website is AAA (typical offer), I was going to firm it but the offer is even lower than my insurance which is AAB.
KCL ask for AAA. My predicted grades are A*AA. What should I do??

Original post by Maleeha1211
Hi guys. Any idea how Kings adjustment is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That only depends on how many people meet offers on Results day and how many spaces are left for each course.You should call them up on Results day.
Do you know how UCAS adjustment works?
Just got an interview at University of Cumbria (Lancaster campus) for Adult Nursing which means I've got 5/5 interviews wooooo
Hopefully at least one of the universities like me enough to offer me a place :tongue:
Course:
- Economics (and Russian)

Universities:
- Leeds (offer AAB)
- Glasgow (offer AAB)
- Heriot Watt (offer BBB)
- Nottingham Trent (offer BBC)
- Southampton (waiting)

GCSE grades:
- 3 A*s, 4 As and 4 Bs

AS grades (predicted/achieved):
- ABCD (achieved)