The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
i am looking for a replenishment job in sainsbury but whats it called in their career site
Hi just wondering can anyone tell me what the pay is for a 17 year old sixth form student?

Also is having a year of retail experience likely to help at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1882
Original post by scottishgirl163

what interview question did they ask you
Reply 1883
Original post by JGlen97
For people wondering how long the whole tesco process takes, something I would've liked to have known when applying;
I applied for a role on the 23/10/15 (The same day as the closing date)
I was contacted on the 18/11/15 telling me to come into a group interview on the 23/11/15
I was then contacted on the 5/12/15 telling me to bring in my right to work documents as there was a problem on their end
I was contacted today (10/12/15) telling me that I have the job and they'd like to invite me to a induction day on the 18/12/15
So overall the whole process started on the 23/10/15 and will finish on 18/12/15
Hopefully this gave people a good idea of how long the whole process takes :biggrin:

what interveiw question were asked
(edited 8 years ago)
Had my interview on the 14th December and it's still in process. Does it really take 6+ weeks for right to work?.

They should have scanned all candidate's passport and birth certificate during the interview cause this right to work evidence process thing Tesco using is absolutely absurd.

Reply 1885
Original post by sam995
Had my interview on the 14th December and it's still in process. Does it really take 6+ weeks for right to work?.

They should have scanned all candidate's passport and birth certificate during the interview cause this right to work evidence process thing Tesco using is absolutely absurd.

what interveiw question were asked
Original post by sam995

I would give them a phone and ask to speak to whoever it was that done your interview and ask whats happening. My right to work took 4 weeks to come back.
I would give them a phone and ask to speak to whoever it was that done your interview and ask whats happening. My right to work took 4 weeks to come back.

I rang the store today and the personnel manager of the store is not in today, will ring again tomorrow.

Does the unsuccessful candidates get rejected way before the long in process waiting stage?

My status for the role is still on in process on the Tesco dashboard online.
Original post by sam995
I rang the store today and the personnel manager of the store is not in today, will ring again tomorrow.

Does the unsuccessful candidates get rejected way before the long in process waiting stage?

My status for the role is still on in process on the Tesco dashboard online.

I would just keep ringing eventually you will find out. Do you remember the name of who done your interview? If so I'd ask to speak to them. I'm not sure if I'm being honest about unsuccessful candidates but they will have to let you know one way or another. On the Tesco Dashboard Online my status was still 'in process' until after my induction so it does take a while for that to change.
I would just keep ringing eventually you will find out. Do you remember the name of who done your interview? If so I'd ask to speak to them. I'm not sure if I'm being honest about unsuccessful candidates but they will have to let you know one way or another. On the Tesco Dashboard Online my status was still 'in process' until after my induction so it does take a while for that to change.

Rang once again today and have been told that I was unsuccessful oh well.
How would I do a transfer?
My parents are moving house in June after my A Level exams to somewhere that is around 45 minutes away from where I'm currently working at. This means I can't commute that far as the petrol costs would be way too high.

Do I tell the Manager directly, or mention it to the Team Leader on my next shift? Would I have to contact stores near to my new house that I'll be moving to in June?
(bit early)
Original post by Peppercrunch
How would I do a transfer?
My parents are moving house in June after my A Level exams to somewhere that is around 45 minutes away from where I'm currently working at. This means I can't commute that far as the petrol costs would be way too high.

Do I tell the Manager directly, or mention it to the Team Leader on my next shift? Would I have to contact stores near to my new house that I'll be moving to in June?
(bit early)

It's better to start sorting your transfer out as soon as possible so they can try and match you to a vacancy in your new store. Next time you're in, either tell your line manager or find the personnel manager and they can sort it for you. Just explain your situation and they should try and help you with it. :smile:
I applied 3 weeks ago and still have "right to work in progress" is this normal ?
Do you get reject straight away if your questions weren't great thanks in advance x
Original post by sam995
Rang once again today and have been told that I was unsuccessful oh well.

Aww sorry can you ask for feedback maybe ?
A bloody tesco thread.
Original post by Longshot700
A bloody tesco thread.

??
I applied on the 15th of January for a tesco express, and I still haven't heard back I'm 17, and worked at m&s for a few months so I know I answered the questions quite well as they were very similar to the m&s ones , does anyone know whether I should keep hoping for a call or give up and look elsewhere ?
Can anyone help me out with the uniform sizing? Don't want the embarrassment of it not fitting?! Is it in numbers or just s m l?
I'm about 32-24-38 so I'm thinking 8 top 10 trousers?
Original post by amberflykezzie
Can anyone help me out with the uniform sizing? Don't want the embarrassment of it not fitting?! Is it in numbers or just s m l?
I'm about 32-24-38 so I'm thinking 8 top 10 trousers?

Its in sizes for tops like 8-10, 12-14, 16-18 etc. I would say they fit quite big. I would usually be around a 18/20 as I like to be bigger for comfort so I got the 20-22 and it was huge so just swapped for 16-18 and this is perfect. Trousers are the same you get in your size (e.g. 10) then you can pick leg length (short, regular, tall), for reference i'm 5ft 3 1/2 and Im regular leg length. Don't worry if I doesn't fit just take it back in and then wait about a couple of weeks till you can order new uniform.
Question for anyone who already works there:

I've worked for Tesco for early 4 years and I find the ladies polo t-shirts too short and no matter what size I order the problem is the same. So I try to wear the promo t-shirts as much as i can cause they are longer.

So does anyone know if women are allowed to wear mens t-shirts I've seen a few people in other stores wearing them but I don't wanna go through the embarrassment of ordering mens ones to be questioned about it. Thanks to any replies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending