The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
On a night out in London with my brother and his friend, we hooked up with a group of strangers who we'd got chatting to in a random pub in London and went to a rock club (Slim Jim's in London, if anyone's heard of it?), and, before we got into the club, one of the guys got turned away by the bouncer because he refused to take his beanie hat off, and had to walk home on his own.

That's the best I could do, really - so I apologise if it's not an adequately funny enough story! :tongue:
Reply 2
I don't have one :frown:
Error- Nothing available.
It was after a wizard themed party, my mates had one over the eight and took cones from the campus and ran around with them. Security were chasing them and told them off. They cone't take a joke! :wizard:
One time a friend and I were at this club, dancing it up and having a fab time. At some point we ended up getting pushed to one of the corners, close to the stage, and there was this guy there who, for some reason, decided to target both my friend and I. Lol. He kept coming up to us and asking me our names and acting weird, like superbly weird, and we were giving him the cold shoulder. So he eventually floats away, or so I think, and we go back to dancing-dancing, and then at some point I get shoved from behind. I turn around and it's the ****ing guy, aggressively making out with another girl right behind me. My friends and I were like, "Wtf m8?" but decided to ignore them. Knew he was only looking for one thing. Anywho, sometime later he comes up to us and tries to hit on us again, and at this point I am completely perplexed. Did he think we didn't notice him snogging another girl less than 10 minutes ago?! Long story short, that was the last time I, personally, ever went to a club. Not sure this fits the "funny" criteria, but it was quite ridiculous.
I wasn't invited. :dontknow:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
I went out one night with a group of friends and we were dancing, having fun. All of a sudden this guy with red eyes starts telling me to calm down. I was like huh?! Before I knew it he was chasing me around the nightclub until his friend dragged him away. I thought I was in the clear and then like 10 mins later he's chasing me again! I left swiftly after the encounter. But my eventful night didn't end there. I went home and was boiling hot, I guess from all the running I did earlier. I was half naked when my nose started to bleed! I ran across to the bathroom avoiding my housemates and remember sticking my head out my room window. To end this story I woke up the next morning on my bed. I must've passed out can't remember much else! Ah memories!:h:
We tried to steal someone's cat on the way home and did the standard carrying like 3 cones back to our halls, but bumped into security when we got back.

It took us over an hour to do a 15 minute walk home :lol:
From what I remember:

- I drank 1/4 of a dodgy bottle of wine and 2/3 of a bottle of Bacardi for predrinks. For reference I was wearing a kangaroo onesie this entire time, if that helps set the scene.
- Got on train to go to the club
- Got off train and attempted walk to the club
- ?????????????? No memory of this bit
- Suddenly I am behind a dumpster bleeding profusely
- According to flatmates my face had an impromptu meeting with the floor
- Threw up 8 times
- Rolled around in my own vomit
- Flatmates filmed me 'singing'
- Another coursemate took a picture of me and sent it to a mutual friend that I worked under for a bit and hoped not to burn my bridges with :lol:
- Got hugged by someone wearing a cow onesie
- Begged the bouncer to let me in, claiming that I was fine, while still covered in my own bodily fluids
- Got sent home in an Uber :borat:

People now introduce me as 'the kangaroo from Freshers' :borat: To this day a picture of my drunk self has pride of place on our flat pinboard :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Watching and laughing at drunk girls crying over boys at parties is always fun for me
Original post by SeanFM
It was after a wizard themed party, my mates had one over the eight and took cones from the campus and ran around with them. Security were chasing them and told them off. They cone't take a joke! :wizard:

It's the ending pun that does it for me!:h::smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

Woah It's been quite a while.. congrats on your promotion lol. And cool story :smile:
Told this one on here before I think in another thread, but anyway:

A beautiful Eastern/Asian-looking girl caught my eye at the bar, so I bowled up and started chatting to her. We were chatting away for a good half an hour later and, long story short, we ended up leaving together.
We were in bed, I was pumping away and all of a sudden I notice tears rolling down her face! I was like "What's wrong? Are you okay?" and she proper burst into tears!! I obviously pulled out at this point and sat next to her, took about half a minute before she stopped sobbing and could utter a sentence. She started to tell me that she shouldn't be doing this; she's a muslim; her father would kill her if he knew what she was up to; she just wanted to try out clubbing while her parents were away and never intended to hook up with some guy lose her virginity :oops:

If Allah exists, he must ****ing HATE me :rofl:
Reply 15
Original post by WoodyMKC

A beautiful Eastern/Asian-looking girl caught my eye at the bar, so I bowled up and started chatting to her. We were chatting away for a good half an hour later and, long story short, we ended up leaving together.
We were in bed, I was pumping away and all of a sudden I notice tears rolling down her face! I was like "What's wrong? Are you okay?" and she proper burst into tears!! I obviously pulled out at this point and sat next to her, took about half a minute before she stopped sobbing and could utter a sentence. She started to tell me that she shouldn't be doing this; she's a muslim; her father would kill her if he knew what she was up to; she just wanted to try out clubbing while her parents were away and never intended to hook up with some guy lose her virginity :oops:

Incoming hate in 3...2...1..
Reply 16
I have a long one and a short one.This is the short one.

This is only funny at all because I have always hated chatting up women.Not so much out of shyness though partly that but because I hate bs.

Anyway I'm in my local suburban nightclub. It's not very full and there's a whole load of empty seats facing the dance floor.

There is however a woman sitting in one of them.Ive had quite a bit to drink and go and sit next to her without much more than a glance in her direction and start chatting.

After a few minutes a record comes on that I really like and I go and dance to it. While dancing I determine to stop beating around the bush for once and to go back up to this woman at the end of the record and tell her I want her to come home with me.

So the record ends and I march up to her and say "Look,all I really want to know is, do you wanna come home with me.Yes or no?"

She looks up at me,thinks about it for a few seconds then says,"Well,yeah.I suppose so"

So less than an hour later we are queuing up for our jackets.And while we are waiting,not that there is a long queue or anything,there's a bit of a commotion going on so I turn round and there behind me is the original girl I was chatting up.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WoodyMKC

Mashallah
These are brilliant :lol: If you have any more stories, feel free to post them in here still :woo:

The winner issss... :king1:

Spoiler

Congratulations! The CT will be in contact shortly about your prize :biggrin:

Pickles
x

Keep your eyes peeled for a Valentine's special next Wednesday :ahee: :heart:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
These are brilliant :lol: If you have any more stories, feel free to post them in here still :woo:

The winner issss... :king1:

Spoiler

Congratulations! The CT will be in contact shortly about your prize :biggrin:

Keep your eyes peeled for a Valentine's special next Wednesday :ahee: :heart:

Mine was funny and made no mark whatsoever on my dignity/pride :grumble:

Latest