The Student Room Group

A2 AQA unit 3 photography essay

I've got to write my photography essay with the title of "Can movement be shown successfully in a single image?" I am currently studying the work of Picasso's Light Drawings and need to write an analysis of his work. Any help on this would be appreciated very much?!?! :confused:
Reply 1
If you want to Picasso's light traces work, it is closely linked with that of gjon mili - he has done some fantastic images with ice skaters and violinists which show movement very effectively. Hopefully that might help give you so more to write about. You could also look at similar work of more modern photographers such as, Patrick rochon or Denis Smith, who use the same initial idea but with more modern processes so that you cover both traditional and digital processes. Since your title is a more yes/no question, it might also be worth trying to find pieces which you don't think are especially successful and writing about why this is so therefore what would make such a photograph successful in showing movement.
Reply 2
Thankyou. This is really helped me to finish writing my essay. Im so grateful you took the time to say this ☺😊
Reply 3
You're more than welcome. I've just finished mine.. I was looking at the techniques used in nature and floral photography this year although I did a fair bit on light painting work last year in the gap between AS and A2. Also, what theme are you going for with your exam?
what question are you doing for your unit 4??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending