The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

roehampton 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I got an Unconditional to study Criminology at the end of December, I would've firmed by now but I'm still waiting for Southampton and Sussex!! Quite surprised I got an unconditional tbh!

Anyone going to the Offer Holder Days?
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by JMG98
I got an Unconditional to study Criminology at the end of December, I would've firmed by now but I'm still waiting for Southampton and Sussex!! Quite surprised I got an unconditional tbh!

i'm going to the offer holder day in march!
Reply 42
Original post by paula.alonso

I was thinking of going to that one too! What are you looking to study?
Original post by JMG98
I was thinking of going to that one too! What are you looking to study?

i got a conditional offer to study film :smile:
Original post by JMG98

I'm thinking of going to the one in March also :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by wrighty27
I'm thinking of going to the one in March also :smile:

What course have you applied for?

Original post by paula.alonso

I'll probably end up going to that one because I'm still waiting for Southampton and Sussex to reply.
Original post by JMG98
What course have you applied for?

I'll probably end up going to that one because I'm still waiting for Southampton and Sussex to reply.

I applied for sport and exercise science
Reply 47
Original post by JMG98

I've firmed my place for criminology and going to the offer holder day in March! 😊
Original post by Alex-Trowbridge
I'll be attending Roehampton in September to study Philosophy. Anyone know when accommodation applications open? Want to get all my uni business done before the exam period (although I got an unconditional so can relax a little). Also, is anyone banking with Santander, I want to open a student account with them and was hoping for some experiences with them as there is one on campus!

Don't know if anyone else has replied but accommodation opens 15th Feb and Satander's student bank account is great! comes with a free 4 year railcard as well which will save us poor students a lot of money! :smile:
Got an unconditional for biomedical science , just waiting on queens (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tashnewark
yoooooo, firmed my unconditional to study psychology in sept! anyone else??? I have no idea how to use this just got it cos a friend recommended it aha

I've got it as an insurance! Really excited. (-:
Original post by molitirioncymru
I might be going here to do Biomedical Science. I haven't heard from Cardiff or Swansea yet. I'm expecting rejections from them tbf, but that's ok because I'd love to go to Roehampton.

Im planning for Biological science..Wat do u think of Roe for our course
I am a first year Biomedical Sciences student at Roehampton and I love it here! The course is very interesting and we share many of our lectures with Biological Science students. Some lectures can be boring but the lecturers definitely know what they are talking about (they all have a PhD and are active researchers in their fields). If you love the subject, you will love the course. One of my friends doesn't like the biological sciences course purely because they teach you ecology! Seriously! What did he expect!

Good Luck!
Original post by mmt1997
I am a first year Biomedical Sciences student at Roehampton and I love it here! The course is very interesting and we share many of our lectures with Biological Science students. Some lectures can be boring but the lecturers definitely know what they are talking about (they all have a PhD and are active researchers in their fields). If you love the subject, you will love the course. One of my friends doesn't like the biological sciences course purely because they teach you ecology! Seriously! What did he expect!

Good Luck!

Are you hoping to apply for grad med/dentistry after ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mmt1997

Good Luck!

Haha..Well I'm quite used to getting bored in lectures.. I've studied Ecology b4 and don't have a problem with it..Thanks.

BTW I wanted to know wat do u learn in the laboratory sessions? What kind of experiments?
I'm sure atleast in the first year Biomed & Bioscience is almost the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Unconditional offer for biomedical science
Original post by Tamako2410
Haha..Well I'm quite used to getting bored in lectures.. I've studied Ecology b4 and don't have a problem with it..Thanks.

BTW I wanted to know wat do u learn in the laboratory sessions? What kind of experiments?
I'm sure atleast in the first year Biomed & Bioscience is almost the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Life Sciences are integrated for the first year (Biomed, Biology, Zoology). Biomeds only have one module on their own. Lab sessions happen in Biometrics (this is a report that focuses on body pathways and exercise, statistics), Biomolecular Science (histology, microbiology etc.) and Chemistry of Life (there's four including Colorimetry and a yeast experiment).

Also a first year Biomed, going into second year in September. Hope that helps.
I'm doing zoology and living at home is anyone else doing the same subject or living at home or both lol? shoot me a message! bricking it :frown:(
Hi,
I'm transferring into Year 2 of Biological Sciences. Is there anyone else on this course?
And has everyone received their online enrolment emails etc yet? They said to expect online enrolment info from August 24th but I haven't got anything yet.
Reply 59
Original post by Petulia
Hi,
I'm transferring into Year 2 of Biological Sciences. Is there anyone else on this course?
And has everyone received their online enrolment emails etc yet? They said to expect online enrolment info from August 24th but I haven't got anything yet.

I'm not doing Biological Sciences, but in terms of online enrolment, I received mine last week! Have you checked in your junk mail? If not, maybe call them up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending