The Student Room Group

already doing A-levels, GCSE Photography or nah?

I'm already doing A-Level chem, A-Level maths and A-Level bio, and I do photography for enrichment (extra chill time), and the photography teacher asked me and this other girl if we wanted to do Photography at GCSE coz he said it would be useful and that. He said many places are looking for qualifications in photography when u go into science as a career. When i spoke to the other girl about it she said will only be their on one of the days (out of the 2 days we will be doing photography). the other option is to leave photography and practise maths for my chemistry classes during those times.
My GCSE grades for maths A, English C and double science B.
currently improving in A-level chemistry.
Any suggestions...?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
if you're already spending time on Photography you may as well get a qualification for it
Thanks everyone
Reply 4
Original post by tes5983
Thanks everyone

If you do it then be prepared to lose A LOT of your time! i do GCSE Photography and there is way too much work to get a decent grade, work is pilling up and its just very time consuming, i think its great as an extra curricular activity but now your main priority should be your A Levels. i hope my advice helps :smile:
Original post by Darll
If you do it then be prepared to lose A LOT of your time! i do GCSE Photography and there is way too much work to get a decent grade, work is pilling up and its just very time consuming, i think its great as an extra curricular activity but now your main priority should be your A Levels. i hope my advice helps :smile:

You might be right, at the moment I'm doing well in my a levels and I'm thinking of not doing photography. I might be changing some courses around. I thought I could pull this off because I've already taken lots of photographs and all we needed to do was make a portfolio and Photoshop them, I'm very indecisive, do u think I should still do it?
I've only got maths exams this year...
It would be a nice diversion from academic study, you can always stop if you find its taking up too much time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
but why? if it's your hobby then let it be your hobby. you gain nothing from getting an extra GCSE, especially in photography which isn't useful at this point. just focus on your A-Levels.
Good point
Reply 9
Depends how long you've been doing photography, if you've spent lots of time on it then you might as well finish the course off, however, you will get less time on other subjects, if you've recently started it and theres lots of work maybe consider leaving it or talk to someone in a higher year than so they can tell you if the work load will increase or be ok.

Quick Reply

Latest