The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King Leonidas
Bump!

So I took a break from the books because I have been busy (got up to A Storm of Swords). Picked up A Feast for Crows the other day and after reading a few chapters, I've been reminded why I love the series so much:smile:

Apparently this book is the first one according to some critics, I appreciate that it might not live up to all the action offered by the previous books, but surely it cannot be that bad?

For instance, the opening chapter with Doran Martell and his nieces in Dorner (Sun Spear) was fantastic.

Views on the book?

I haven't read it in a couple of months because life has been on the hectic side but I'm on AFFC as well! I'm just over half way through and I'm thoroughly enjoying it however it seems to be a little boring at times and a lot more static, but that is probably because the next book is going to be action-packed.
Am I the only one who is a little sad at how I still have to wait 2.5 months for more epic greatness?
[video="youtube;f00tMCO6lZ8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f00tMCO6lZ8[/video]
I don't know if anyone has already posted this.

Original post by S-man10
he isn't
https://youtu.be/eOJpBvprRhg?t=4m16s
(edited 8 years ago)
The latest trailer for the upcoming season;

[video="youtube;CuH3tJPiP-U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U[/video]
Reply 8304
About time too, some interesting stuff, needs to be slowed down though to see things though lol. Although not even I noticed as much as this guy notices, if you look closely, the sigils in each shot can be very telling, possible spoilers for non book readers though -

Spoiler

Bit weird going into this season with no prior book knowledge and the disappointment over GRRM not getting TWOW out before it has affected my enthusiasm for the upcoming season I must admit, I love the books so much and really would have preferred to get some of the big reveals like Jon Snow's parentage from GRRM himself, but still looking forward to it nevertheless, who knows what's a book spoiler and what isn't at this point.
(edited 8 years ago)
Another great breakdown here, this guy is my go-to for GoT theories and videos.

[video="youtube;0ag5XdBsAJE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ag5XdBsAJE[/video]
I want to get into game of thrones...where is the best and cheapest place to buy the whole seasons available from the beginning.

I havent watched a single episode before so want to start from the beginning.
Original post by xxvine
I want to get into game of thrones...where is the best and cheapest place to buy the whole seasons available from the beginning.

I havent watched a single episode before so want to start from the beginning.

Keep an eye on Now TV, at the moment it's got Season One but in the run up to the new season they will probably add all five seasons. If you're a committed binge watcher you can get caught up in a few weeks for the £6.99 one month of Now TV's Entertainment Pass. At very least you can use the free trial to watch Season One in the meantime :yep:

Beyond that, the cheapest I've found it is £60 for the full box set on Zavvi.

http://www.zavvi.com/dvd/game-of-thrones-season-1-5/11172487.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gp_dvd&affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&gclid=CjwKEAiA04S3BRCYteOr6b-roSUSJABE1-6BHTxFn8BTqqeIaUNTUAU1Xy7Tsu39-tvLaxJeDJYD2xoCsefw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPSdmKqHt8sCFc7hGwoddHYCVg
You could stream it online?

Now TV should have all the episodes (Season 1-5) from the 14th of March. As mentioned above, season 1 is already out.
I have three thoughts about the new trailer:

Spoiler

Original post by Dr Pesto
I have three thoughts about the new trailer:

Spoiler

I still maintain.. 'The Rose On the Wall will burn them all'.
This thread should be closed. It lost its purpose at the end of season 5. Winter is here. Your books can't save you anymore.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Juichiro
This thread should be closed. It lost its purpose at the end of season 5. Winter is here. Your books can't save you anymore.

Oh my sweet summer child...

Some storylines have caught up with the books but not all. Want to hear what happens to the Greyjoys for the next season? Just tempt the book readers.
Dillane has confirmed Stannis' death I finally have to accept he's dead.
The Boltons are fkn gangsters. Ramsay's dad is an og.
Starting from season 1, since I'm just getting into this show. I love it so far. I watched a few of last season's shows, but I'm a bit lost with the characters. Episode 1 helped fill in some questions, but going to watch the whole first season, and see where it leads. :smile:
Original post by Motorbiker
Oh my sweet summer child...

Some storylines have caught up with the books but not all. Want to hear what happens to the Greyjoys for the next season? Just tempt the book readers.

I think he actually wants to find out what happens in the Tower of Joy if I'm honest...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I think he actually wants to find out what happens in the Tower of Joy if I'm honest...

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think? Romance or kidnapping.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

Posted from TSR Mobile

He'll see this season. Definitely saw a young certain person with 5 others and 3 other people. That video Gofre linked was very good for showing all the clips.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
What do you think? Romance or kidnapping.

It's definitely romance, there's no way Robert's perception of Rhaegar is actually true. Especially since, in the TV show, Sansa says that Lyanna was kidnapped and raped, and then Littlefinger gives her a look that just screams "oh really?" (season 5, episode 4, I believe).

It's painfully obvious that R+L=J is true.

I don't think they'll show the whole "promise me Ned" part, I'm thinking they'll try to stretch the secrecy of Jon Snow's parentage for as long as possible, we still have two more seasons to go after season six.

Latest

Trending

Trending