The Student Room Group

Well-paid 'n' Rewarding? Thats is ridiculous

Poll

Well-paid'n'Rewarding? Rediculous

Why are people still aiming for well-paid and rewarding job at the same time if they've got hobbies?
Why would you not aim for a job that is both well-paid and rewarding?
Reply 2
Because that well paid and rewarding job might be what they are passionate about and want to pursue.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Why would you not aim for a job that is both well-paid and rewarding?

Is that possible?
Original post by aamirac
Because that well paid and rewarding job might be what they are passionate about and want to pursue.

I would agree if you don't need to make any other sacrifices
Original post by shimmeringsofya
Why are people still aiming for well-paid and rewarding job at the same time if they've got hobbies?

what do you mean by rewarding?
someone might say that a well paid job is rewarding.... in terms of cash :colonhash:
Is that possible?

Depends how you define well-paid and how you define rewarding. Both are subjective.

But I would say it's definitely possible, yes.
Original post by thefatone
what do you mean by rewarding?
someone might say that a well paid job is rewarding.... in terms of cash :colonhash:

I love that statement.

You are right again without any doubt/

Because when you're an adult you don't have much time for hobbies as you do when you're a kid...

Also, your job is a ****ing big part of your life, at least a third of the time you spend living. So you better damn well enjoy that or no matter how much you're paid you ain't gonna enjoy life! At least me...
Original post by e aí rapaz
Depends how you define well-paid and how you define rewarding. Both are subjective.

But I would say it's definitely possible, yes.

even without any sacrifices?
Reply 10
I kind of get what you are saying, why not just go for money and then enjoy the leisure time? It's not so much the combination is bad but that it is rare, far easier to work as a high paid bin man than break into a rewarding and well-paid industry. The problem is a job consumes so much time, it depends on your attitude. Most people work to live, they go to work so they can get drunk on the evening and just enjoy life. Then there's people who work to live, workaholics who have no other life. Then there's the healthy balance.
Because a job is what you are going to be spending the vast majority of your time doing. Why wouldn't you want it to be rewarding, lol?
Original post by TorpidPhil
Because when you're an adult you don't have much time for hobbies as you do when you're a kid...

Also, your job is a ****ing big part of your life, at least a third of the time you spend living. So you better damn well enjoy that or no matter how much you're paid you ain't gonna enjoy life! At least me...

you have stated a good point but I would add that I don't think that hobby takes such a big chunk of time e.g. playing golf or tennis on the weekends/ I'd better agree with the previous opinion about that rewarding could be is how much you are paid as well
Is that possible?

my job in jewellery is that as i have spent years on learning the skills so know i get to use them and i get paid a lot compared to my friend in there part time position say i'll make £30,000 in a year or more and that will rise further once i have a store to operate from
My job is well paid and rewarding. No it's not ridiculous.

/thread
Original post by whorace
I kind of get what you are saying, why not just go for money and then enjoy the leisure time? It's not so much the combination is bad but that it is rare, far easier to work as a high paid bin man than break into a rewarding and well-paid industry. The problem is a job consumes so much time, it depends on your attitude. Most people work to live, they go to work so they can get drunk on the evening and just enjoy life. Then there's people who work to live, workaholics who have no other life. Then there's the healthy balance.

You have controlled my thoughts, thank you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XMaramena
My job is well paid and rewarding. No it's not ridiculous.

/thread

Could you say what do you do for a living?

Do you spend enough time with your family?
Isnt the idea that you get paid for soemthing you love doing, then it doesnt seem like work?
Could you say what do you do for a living?

Do you spend enough time with your family?

I'm a composer, always have been.

Both myself and my mother are self employed and working from home, the rest of the family is just 10 minutes up the road. And since I don't have any set working hours, I get up when I want, break when I want, nobody tells me what to do, I can't get fired, I make as much or as little money as I like depending on how much I feel like working that day and if I feel a bit shitty, I sit on the couch eating ice cream watching friends and family guy all day and nothing happens, I just do a bit more work the next day.

Original post by 999tigger
Isnt the idea that you get paid for soemthing you love doing, then it doesnt seem like work?

Yep. Basically I just do what I'd probably be doing anyway, except I get paid to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending