The Student Room Group

18 and been to only 3 parties in my life

Feel **** as everyone around me always goes out and socializes?. How does one take their mind of it, and make more friends?

Scroll to see replies

Cue all the "18 and been to 0 parties in my life" comments >.<

Personally I enjoy online gaming/learning new things. Doing those two online makes me a couple of nice friends
host a party yourself

problem solved

if you're at uni there are loads of parties all the time, if not try and invite yourself to some parties tactfully, also you're 18 so try and go out clubbing if you want
Original post by Anonymous
Feel **** as everyone around me always goes out and socializes?. How does one take their mind of it, and make more friends?

Original post by Student403

Personally I enjoy online gaming/learning new things. Doing those two online makes me a couple of nice friends

16 never been to a party in my life
18 and never been to a party. :redface:
I'm 18 and have been to 0!
First of all, not having many friends isn't necessarily a bad thing. I don't have any friends and enjoy spending time on my own. I can do what I want when I want to, without having anyone make fun of me for doing it.
If you want to make more friends then maybe try to meet more people at college/uni.
Or join a club. You will meet people there who have something in common with you and you could make friends there.
Reply 6
As student403 correctly predicted...

I'm 17 and have been to one, I sit at home revise, watch anime and play games. Although I've given up my MMO addiction and have been playing skyrim lots lately
18 and I'm too cool for parties which is why nobody invites me. Or rather why I don't know anyone.
They can't get on my level.
Reply 8
The bigger question is, why are you bothered by this?

Stop comparing your social life to that of others - stop comparing yourself to people outright, it's a bad habit and just harbours/encourages envy.
Reply 9

A couple? Who's the other one? I thought we had something special. :cry:
Original post by ombtom
A couple? Who's the other one? I thought we had something special. :cry:

If I'm gonna count TSR, then that's a lot more with yourself included as one of the first :ahee:

I was actually referring to online courses + discussion forums for those :biggrin:
17, been to none, plan to keep it that way.
I think everyone is different. If you enjoy partying then okay. But you do know that not everyone in your age parties. Ppl from different part of the world hava different lifestyles. Eg in China ppl just study pretty much 24/7 so just still sulking and just do something productive and try to be more talkative and interact with ppl. I think right now u are very obsessed with the idea of whether you have been to parties or not. If you like it then fine but if you don't whats the point? Don't mean to be wordy here but had to get this through.
Original post by Anonymous
I think everyone is different. If you enjoy partying then okay. But you do know that not everyone in your age parties. Ppl from different part of the world hava different lifestyles. Eg in China ppl just study pretty much 24/7 so just still sulking and just do something productive and try to be more talkative and interact with ppl. I think right now u are very obsessed with the idea of whether you have been to parties or not. If you like it then fine but if you don't whats the point? Don't mean to be wordy here but had to get this through.

I mean stop sulking there. Because I think there is something more important in life than worrying about stuff like this which will seriously make you depress like hell. If you get invited then go but if not it's fine. Also I am sure you have a lot of things u wanna do in the future like I dunno if you wanna be a doctor then you seriously need to work for that. Anyway I think that's pretty much it.
Reply 14
I'm Asian and I've never been to a wedding

:proud: beat that bitch
I get excluded a lot too but I'm just focusing on me from now on. Improving my chances of getting into uni, improving my health, anything. The best revenge is success my friend
Do childrens birthday parties count?...
Original post by ikhan94
Do childrens birthday parties count?...

McDonald's 2004 never forget
I'm and 18 and have been to 0

@Student403 ^ :tongue:

But then again, I'm such an shy, awkward, uncomfortable person. Why would I even want to do such a thing? :redface:

Tbh my example doesn't apply to you, because I'm like a snail trapped in it's shell :redface:
McDonald's 2004 never forget

oh my gosh, don't forget pizza hut! :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending