The Student Room Group

Can women attempt p-company?

I'm pretty sure they can, but why has no one ever done it?
Original post by 890p9
I'm pretty sure they can, but why has no one ever done it?

I don't think they can. Women can't join the paras and I'm fairly sure no women have completed P company cause they don't have enough staff to run it often and women would have a higher failure rate so it would be inefficient to let them do it. Even after you do P company, there's a lack of instructors for the parachuting course so you will probably have to wait a couple of years before getting your wings. Women can do the AACC tho
Reply 2
Original post by kieran12321LFC
I don't think they can. Women can't join the paras and I'm fairly sure no women have completed P company cause they don't have enough staff to run it often and women would have a higher failure rate so it would be inefficient to let them do it. Even after you do P company, there's a lack of instructors for the parachuting course so you will probably have to wait a couple of years before getting your wings. Women can do the AACC tho

Thank you. I'll just have to do AACC then when it comes to the time.
You're allowed to attempt, you're just not allowed to pass. ;-)

Women arn't allowed into the paras which is an infantry regiment but all attached units are part of 16 AA and wear the maroon beret and most attempt P-coy. If you're part of 16 Air Assault brigade you could probably attempt it.

SS
There are also women who are qualified military parachutists. P Company is not the only route to military parachute training.
Original post by Supersaps
You're allowed to attempt, you're just not allowed to pass. ;-)

Women arn't allowed into the paras which is an infantry regiment but all attached units are part of 16 AA and wear the maroon beret and most attempt P-coy. If you're part of 16 Air Assault brigade you could probably attempt it.

SS

You don't have to be in 16AA to attempt P-company, though I suppose because it's airborne you may be able to get your jumps in earlier
True. Attempting it from 16AA seems a bit less like you're trying to make a statement either about yourself or pcoy. (Not that there's anything wrong with this, I suppose but it just seems more natural.) People say the best other time to do it is just out from training.
Reply 7
True. Attempting it from 16AA seems a bit less like you're trying to make a statement either about yourself or pcoy. (Not that there's anything wrong with this, I suppose but it just seems more natural.) People say the best other time to do it is just out from training.

You from RE?
Yeah, I think there's a few floating around here.
Reply 9
Yeah, I think there's a few floating around here.

What trade?
Not gonna get into details over an internet forum. Not great drills. PM me if you have any questions.
Reply 11
Not gonna get into details over an internet forum. Not great drills. PM me if you have any questions.

will do. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest