The Student Room Group

18 and been to only 3 parties in my life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
Lol the last party i went to involved me dressing up as a rat 4 years ago so dw about it,
cos i'm totally totally fine with being socially reclusive and missing out on all the parties :yes:

Spoiler

Join me and @TheonlyMrsHolmes!
Original post by Student403
Join me and @TheonlyMrsHolmes!

YASS!!! :h:
Original post by Merfie
Clubbing is sooooooooo overrated. Absolutely loved the good old days in school where you'd get someone to buy you a 70cl of vod and you'd have an ace time at a decent house party. I like clubbing, but paying 4 quid for diluted drinks is not good, by any stretch of the imagination.

4 quid for drinks? what clubs do you go to?

As in that's cheap!
Reply 43
Original post by john2054
4 quid for drinks? what clubs do you go to?

As in that's cheap!

Expensive if you live in Scotland!

Silk in Edinburgh had double vodkas for 2 quid when I was there a few weekends ago, was fabby as they're usually like a fiver
Im 17, when my friend invited me to my first and thus far only party I got horribly drunk an ended up passing out on the patio. my experience of it is parties are overrated and quite unpleasant. That not to say all parties are bad i might of had a bad experience but i would't let it get to you too much.
Reply 45
Original post by lowkey-loki
Im 17, when my friend invited me to my first and thus far only party I got horribly drunk an ended up passing out on the patio. my experience of it is parties are overrated and quite unpleasant. That not to say all parties are bad i might of had a bad experience but i would't let it get to you too much.

That's genuinely the experience 99.9% of people have when they go to their first party. As you go to more, you learn how much you can drink before you properly begin to cave in.
Original post by Merfie
Expensive if you live in Scotland!

Silk in Edinburgh had double vodkas for 2 quid when I was there a few weekends ago, was fabby as they're usually like a fiver

I seem to recall the last time i went clubbing drinks were about a tenner each. Or maybe my memory has gone? btw we did go to a upmarket club,
Reply 47
I genuinely thought that most people didn't start "partying" until uni, mayyybe a few in 6th form :K:

16 and as you can tell never been to one :tongue:

Spoiler

Reply 48
Original post by john2054
I seem to recall the last time i went clubbing drinks were about a tenner each. Or maybe my memory has gone? btw we did go to a upmarket club,

A tenner for a crappy club drink? Dear god, where did you go? The Playboy in London? :tongue:
Original post by Merfie
A tenner for a crappy club drink? Dear god, where did you go? The Playboy in London? :tongue:

They may have been a fiver each. Just i was drinking so many i tend to lose count.

i think i was drinking b52s and sambucas. those were the days!
Best parties are LAN parties :wink:
Original post by Alexion
Best parties are LAN parties :wink:

Seconded.

Partying sucks. I'd much rather get in a cage and punch people in the face/be punched in the face. Much more entertaining. Less painful too.
Original post by z33
I'm Asian and I've never been to a wedding

:proud: beat that bitch

Lucky af, Asian weddings are the most boring event you'll ever participate in. Including A-Level revision.
Reply 53
Original post by Zargabaath
Lucky af, Asian weddings are the most boring event you'll ever participate in. Including A-Level revision.

Impossibru :lol:
Its gotta be slightly amusing seeing your aunty get down :rofl:
Original post by z33
Impossibru :lol:
Its gotta be slightly amusing seeing your aunty get down :rofl:

If by slightly amusing you mean cringey af, then yeah I suppose it is slightly amusing :lol:
They're so boring and the drag on for hooooooooouuuuuuurs.

Receptions are marginally better, but I'd still rather squeeze lemons into my eyes :rofl:
Reply 55
If by slightly amusing you mean cringey af, then yeah I suppose it is slightly amusing :lol:
They're so boring and the drag on for hooooooooouuuuuuurs.

Receptions are marginally better, but I'd still rather squeeze lemons into my eyes :rofl:

Yeah snapchat dat shiet :lol: daym man i can barely handle a family dinner

My eyeballs just retreated back into my head like a turtle :afraid:
Original post by z33
Yeah snapchat dat shiet :lol: daym man i can barely handle a family dinner

My eyeballs just retreated back into my head like a turtle :afraid:

Hahaha honestly every family gathering we have is just me and my sister/cousins snapchatting each other the most embarrassing pictures we could take of each other while our guard's down :rofl:

I just imagined you like a snail with its eyestalks retracting :lol:
Reply 57
Hahaha honestly every family gathering we have is just me and my sister/cousins snapchatting each other the most embarrassing pictures we could take of each other while our guard's down :rofl:

I just imagined you like a snail with its eyestalks retracting :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: the birthday pics/ videos are the worst tbh i cant deal
So cringe
Always that one kid crying cos they think its their birthday - bitch steals my spotlight how am i meant to smile :colonhash:

:lol: yupp exactly like that hahaha
Reply 58
Yeah I gate crashed one party once, I wasn't invited, and the people at the party had no idea who I was, but they never said a word, they just let me slide through.

Eventually I left though after 15 minutes, as it got really awkward, with me being a stranger and all.:lol:
Original post by z33
:rofl: :rofl: the birthday pics/ videos are the worst tbh i cant deal
So cringe
Always that one kid crying cos they think its their birthday - bitch steals my spotlight how am i meant to smile :colonhash:

:lol: yupp exactly like that hahaha

Jfc my dad thinks he some paparazzi or some **** like that. Seriously at everything that happens he's taking like 4 pictures from different angles and different lighting. Then he's like "smile". How tf am I gonna smile? I'm posing for shitty pictures no one's ever gonna look at again instead of enjoying this party :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending