The Student Room Group

Do I live with humans or animals?

I am in a 5 bed apartment and 2 of the flatmates are vile and unhygienic. Rice all over the floor, onions spread all over the kitchen. Also they have still not learnt how to put rubbish in a bin. The other flatmates have also told them to clean up and help but nothing happens.

It's bad but now I am just dreaming of food poisoning to happen to them. Like yesterday he decided to make some toast.. left the butter out, butter all over the work surface and knife. They are now in the bin as I am sick of looking at them.

From now on if they leave mess I dump the mess in there draw, if they leave stuff out and don't clean it I just bin it.

Is it hard to ask just every time I go in the kitchen that I don't have to move half of Asda of the work surfaces? I never thought I would live with such dirty animals.
Original post by urbanlocations
I am in a 5 bed apartment and 2 of the flatmates are vile and unhygienic. Rice all over the floor, onions spread all over the kitchen. Also they have still not learnt how to put rubbish in a bin. The other flatmates have also told them to clean up and help but nothing happens.

It's bad but now I am just dreaming of food poisoning to happen to them. Like yesterday he decided to make some toast.. left the butter out, butter all over the work surface and knife. They are now in the bin as I am sick of looking at them.

From now on if they leave mess I dump the mess in there draw, if they leave stuff out and don't clean it I just bin it.

Is it hard to ask just every time I go in the kitchen that I don't have to move half of Asda of the work surfaces? I never thought I would live with such dirty animals.

Unfortunately some people aren't taught to be tidy whilst growing up, towards the end of my time in halls I ended up keeping all my stuff in my room after them damaging so much of it.
Original post by claireestelle
Unfortunately some people aren't taught to be tidy whilst growing up, towards the end of my time in halls I ended up keeping all my stuff in my room after them damaging so much of it.

There more vile humans.
Original post by urbanlocations
There more vile humans.

Get a small fridge for around £70 that can fit under your table, keep your glassware and utensils separate. Clean the kitchen before and after you use it and just ignore the rest.
I think that is the best thing to do.
Some people just never learn.

It infuriates me to no end when my housemates leave dirty knives on the clean side of the draining board, or when they leave rubbish on the side literally 10cm away from the bin...

I guess the part of their brain that says "stop being a knob" just isn't switched on.
Original post by SophieSmall
Some people just never learn.

It infuriates me to no end when my housemates leave dirty knives on the clean side of the draining board, or when they leave rubbish on the side literally 10cm away from the bin...

I guess the part of their brain that says "stop being a knob" just isn't switched on.

It just pisses me off... Like you said my bin is around 2 steps away from the work surface its like AHHHHHHHHHHHHH -.-

Quick Reply

Latest