The Student Room Group

I'm genderfluid- AMA

^^^
Do you just suddenly feel differently throughout the day, and how often do you change in the way you feel/identify.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by meowgoesthedog
Do you just suddenly feel differently throughout the day, and how often do you change in the way you feel/identify.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sort of, I do end up feeling different throughout the day but it doesn't at all feel sudden- like I'll feel female at one point and then a few hours later be feeling male- it feel quite seemless.
In all honesty, it's hard to say, some days I may feel male then female then androgonous but at other times I might feel just one identity for a few days
Reply 3
How do you personally give a basic definition of the word 'gender'? I've tried to educate myself and I'm still confused tbh, no one seems to be able to tell me what it actually means...
Original post by Anonymous
^^^

Omg this is me! I feel you 100%! I want to be a completely different gender sometimes even during the same day, its like an urge. The way I act completely changes, its pretty cool. But others find it so confusing.... oh well :P
I'm the Planet Express AMA
When you say you feel male, what do you actually mean? Describe the feeling to us.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
When you say you feel male, what do you actually mean? Describe the feeling to us.

Im not the op but im female and I think i feel more male. Ive always been a tomboy and always shunned dolls and girly things as a kid and prided myself on having physical strength and manly traits. I associated girlness with weakness, i dont know what girlyness achieves (other than a man and a baby) whereas manly qualities achieve a lot - in sport, strength to fight off bullies, agression/skill to compete for jobs and yet you can still be caring at the same time if you want lol.

I used to exercise at high school and took pride in the muscles in my arms and stomach, i didnt hate my breasts but i just thought they looked in the way even and a bit daft even though they are tiny. They wernt muscle so didnt matter to me. I dont hate my body or anything as long as its tight and toned I kind of like my small waist and the way it curves in.

I would much prefere if i had the male gender role to look up to rather than the female. I like to see my body more as a physical strength machine rather than a nuturing baby making machine.

The stronger and more athletic my body is the better and more useful. Any extra fat due to female hormones and wide hips are counter productive but i dont have big hips anyway so am lucky and dont mind. If id have had big hips and breasts i might have seen my body as very limiting and a bit useless to me, id have found it harder to be me maybe.

I suppose when i think about it i feel neither male or female. I feel a little more female when i wear leggings rather than jeans but around a bunch of females i definately feel more male, stronger and 'above' all the girly chit chat. People say im very quiet. My last boyfriend said that i should have been a lad, that imnot feminine and that i walk like a man. We happened to be sat in a cafe as he said it and a Male transvestite walked down the street in a very delicate tall feminine way. I said 'well how am i supposed to walk, like that' My bf turned round and said 'YES' lol.

The ironic thing is im only 5ft and have a very small build too. Lol I dont know what I am, i think i identify more as 'tomboy female' if thats an identity. If the female gender role had all the masculine traits that would have suited me most.
Reply 8
Original post by Ribbits
How do you personally give a basic definition of the word 'gender'? I've tried to educate myself and I'm still confused tbh, no one seems to be able to tell me what it actually means...

Thats actually a really good question.
To me gender is how you personally see yourself- as in if you feel male, female, or another form of non-binary gender. In my opinion it doesn't have to have anything to do with your gender expression, though.
Any other questions, just feel free to ask:tongue:
Reply 9
Im not the op but im female and I think i feel more male. Ive always been a tomboy and always shunned dolls and girly things as a kid and prided myself on having physical strength and manly traits. I associated girlness with weakness, i dont know what girlyness achieves (other than a man and a baby) whereas manly qualities achieve a lot - in sport, strength to fight off bullies, agression/skill to compete for jobs and yet you can still be caring at the same time if you want lol.

I used to exercise at high school and took pride in the muscles in my arms and stomach, i didnt hate my breasts but i just thought they looked in the way even and a bit daft even though they are tiny. They wernt muscle so didnt matter to me. I dont hate my body or anything as long as its tight and toned I kind of like my small waist and the way it curves in.

I would much prefere if i had the male gender role to look up to rather than the female. I like to see my body more as a physical strength machine rather than a nuturing baby making machine.

The stronger and more athletic my body is the better and more useful. Any extra fat due to female hormones and wide hips are counter productive but i dont have big hips anyway so am lucky and dont mind. If id have had big hips and breasts i might have seen my body as very limiting and a bit useless to me, id have found it harder to be me maybe.

I suppose when i think about it i feel neither male or female. I feel a little more female when i wear leggings rather than jeans but around a bunch of females i definately feel more male, stronger and 'above' all the girly chit chat. People say im very quiet. My last boyfriend said that i should have been a lad, that imnot feminine and that i walk like a man. We happened to be sat in a cafe as he said it and a Male transvestite walked down the street in a very delicate tall feminine way. I said 'well how am i supposed to walk, like that' My bf turned round and said 'YES' lol.

The ironic thing is im only 5ft and have a very small build too. Lol I dont know what I am, i think i identify more as 'tomboy female' if thats an identity. If the female gender role had all the masculine traits that would have suited me most.

So basically the gender you feel like is based around a number of outdated stereotypes that you've chosen to buy into?

I wonder if as these stereotypes are further broken down the recent outburst of people questioning their gender will slowly disappear.
Reply 10
Thats actually a really good question.
To me gender is how you personally see yourself- as in if you feel male, female, or another form of non-binary gender. In my opinion it doesn't have to have anything to do with your gender expression, though.
Any other questions, just feel free to ask:tongue:

What do you mean "feel male"? I'm male and I don't feel anything, I'm just me. What does it feel like to be male?
@Zargabaath

Finally found one. I thought this was just a tumblr meme.
Original post by connorjaustin

thanks for the enlightenment…...
Reply 13
Original post by connorjaustin
It's ok, i just love

Reply 14
anon function gone, we'll never get answers </3
Dont you think identifying yourself as 'genderfluid' is making a mockery of the liberal world?
would you like to drink my gender fluid?
google says:

"Gender fluid is a gender identity which refers to a gender which varies over time. A gender fluid person may at any time identify as male, female, neutrois, or any other non-binary identity, or some combination of identities. Their gender can also vary at random or vary in response to different circumstances."

So when does your gender vary and why?

How often does it vary?
Reply 18
I wont lie I struggle to understand how. Maybe because I havent experienced it.

I have a mate who came out as genderfluid and it confused the hell out of me. I'm cool with whatever you need to do to make yourself comfortable so long as it doesnt intrude into my comfort levels (which this doesnt to a degree). I can understand transgender and transvestite but my mind genuinely struggles to comprehend this concept where you are male at 2:00 and female at 2:30.

Why cant you just be a tomboyish girl/soft lad, who appears more masculine but every once in a while dresses up like a girl or vice versa?
Can you drink your gender?

Quick Reply

Latest