The Student Room Group

Going to university a virgin?

I'm so terrified of going to university as a virgin! I was recently added to a group chat for a uni I want to go to in September but all they talk about is sex! And I feel left out because I can't relate to these conversations. It sounds stupid but I'm just so scared to go in case that's all they talk about.
I can't just lose my virginity to some randomer because I really don't like my body and I wouldn't be comfortable with showing anyone it. It's so stupid but I've even cried over this because I'm so scared of not fitting in.
I know I won't be the only virgin on campus, but I feel like 97% of the uni won't be, and I'd just like to be able to talk on the group chat. I feel so anxious.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm so terrified of going to university as a virgin! I was recently added to a group chat for a uni I want to go to in September but all they talk about is sex! And I feel left out because I can't relate to these conversations. It sounds stupid but I'm just so scared to go in case that's all they talk about.
I can't just lose my virginity to some randomer because I really don't like my body and I wouldn't be comfortable with showing anyone it. It's so stupid but I've even cried over this because I'm so scared of not fitting in.
I know I won't be the only virgin on campus, but I feel like 97% of the uni won't be, and I'd just like to be able to talk on the group chat. I feel so anxious.

Sex isnt what everyone talks about at university, i think its just that group chat making it seem that way. I bet it will be much more than 3% that are virgins.
It's much more than 3% - more than that are still virgins at the end of their university course.
If you're a girl

Boys at uni love virgins they will want to take yours don't worry.

Don't worry, I'm in the exact same position as you are so you are not alone. I know it sounds cliché, but if these people do care if you are a virgin or not (which they probably wont - humans have a fantastic habit of being quite selfish), then they are probably not worth your time anyway. It really doesn't matter when you loose your virginity and loooooaadss of people are probably thinking the same as you right now :smile:
If you're a girl

Boys at uni love virgins they will want to take yours don't worry.

This is a fact.
This has reassured me some what. Still want to be at that point where i feel comfortable getting intimate with someone but i am just never in that situation and when i am i dont really trust them. Just want to get it over with and see what the hype is about

Quick Reply

Latest