The Student Room Group

I'm having a breakdown

Okay, I swear that I am having a breakdown! I have literally no motivation to revise for my GCSE's despite knowing that I REALLY need to. I just fell really overwhelmed and buried under everything I have to do as well and revision. Does anyone have any advice ???

:dontknow:
I feel the exact same way at times as I'm studying for gcse'is as well.
But the important thing is to think of how happy you would be to get your target grades at the end of it all and also all the hard work you put in now will pay off for the rest of your life.

Break up your revision into sections like choose a unit inside a subject and just keep working through one unit at a time.
Original post by icanteven
Okay, I swear that I am having a breakdown! I have literally no motivation to revise for my GCSE's despite knowing that I REALLY need to. I just fell really overwhelmed and buried under everything I have to do as well and revision. Does anyone have any advice ???

Talk to someone. Either a teacher or a parent or a sibling or one of the support team at your school. Real life people will be able to help you understand the pressure you're feeling and move forward.
Reply 3
You don't need motivation, you need action/discipline - you just need to do something.

Don't think about all of the subjects you have to revise for right now; just pick one, then pick something from that subject to revise and just do something about it - read over old notes, google if you're confused, go through a revision/textbook and so on.

Worrying won't get you anywhere (see quote in my sig.); you just need to start doing something regardless of how unmotivated you feel.
We still have time, don't worry, make a revision time table, to feel more organized and make sure you have made time for relaxation, meeting friends etc
We can do it! :biggrin:
Original post by icanteven

I know it's difficult to motivate yourself sometimes, I've been like that my whole life! But revising is never as bad as you think, you just need to force yourself and get on with it. You can do it! You're at the final hurdle and you are so close so there's no point in throwing it all away now. Sit down, open a book, get comfy with a drink and a snack and tackle it as best as you can. If you can work with noise, put some quiet, relaxing music on in the background. You don't need to do loads of work to start off with, maybe do some gentle reading or make some really attractive notes that don't require too much thinking. Something is better than nothing! :h:

Think about the end goal. Think about how happy you will be on results day when you know you worked as hard as you could, and how happy you'll be when you get some decent results! :smile: I promise you it will all be worth it in the end, you just need to persevere. It's also important to note that GCSEs are not the end of the world, sure, getting good grades is nice, but as long as you pass the important ones, they're usually not too hindering should your results not be quite as you'd hoped :smile:

There is plenty of time left to get good grades! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thank you !!!!

Quick Reply

Latest